Its ok....

Current Employee - Consultant
Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at EMIS

Pros

Quick to change and freedom to grow

Cons

Lack of communication makes life difficult at times.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Worst company I've ever worked for avoid...

Former Employee - Software Support Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Software Support Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)

I worked at EMIS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy work, becomes repetitive then becomes boring.

Cons

Sold me the job in interview so that I accept the job on the basis that I'd be given extra training for development. Soon realised that the training promised would never materialise. Loads of favouritism within the organisation basically it's a case of if your face fits. You'll see individuals working extremely hard often hounded by management. Whilst others (the managers favourites) sat around doing absolutely nothing! Within my short employment span there not a single day without major national fault effecting users which confirms how unstable the Emis web system really is. This understandably has made users migrate to its major competitor. Friday dress down is basically employee extortion so that a piiss up can arranged. There's no employee union you are at the managements peril so God forbid if you fall ill & your not classed as the favourite few. If your seeking development within Emis then you do not fall for lies within the interview it will never happen. The majority leave for those reasons hence the high staff turnover.

Advice to Management

My advice to upper management..stop treating staff as slaves, they are worthy respect. Have departmental managers that are worthy of being classed as manager not the individual that does Specail favours outside work.

EMIS Response

May 15, 2015 – Internal Communication Manager

Hello, I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience at EMIS, but thank you for taking the time to identify the areas that didn't work for you. We've recently conducted our ... More

2. Getting better all the time

Current Employee - Developer in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Developer in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at EMIS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Development. Management is working hard to make things better all the time. Everyone is listened to and taken seriously. People are hired for potential and are expected to learn what they need to know, a learning environment is in place. Seniors always have time to teach/help. Lots of bonding and out of work social if you find a group you like.

Cons

Easy to get overlooked if you are quiet. Salaries are perceived as being lower than they could be (I am not sure this is true as the company tends to hire on potential and therefore people come in less skilled than to other jobs). Until recently no clear career path but this is now fixed. Lots of work and it is important and challenging so can be overwhelming. Could be a bad place for someone who isn't motivated to keep working to learn all the time.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to improve always.

EMIS Response

May 15, 2015 – Internal Communication Manager

Thank you for your feedback - it's great to hear that EMIS is getting better all of the time. You'll be aware that since you posted this review, we have started to focus more on the experience our ... More