EMIS
www.emis-online.com Leeds, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

Excellent Company to start a career with who give anyone a chance - a little too much red tape.

IT Support (Former Employee)
Leeds, England (UK)

ProsThe people are great and there are lots of socialising opportunities.The main office is in a nice area with free parking. They give people with relatively little experience or qualifications a chance at proving themselves which is rare to find in today's job market. The amount of guidance available means you can rarely go wrong. Every solution is documented and fixes described in a vast knowledge base. This helps employees with no technical experience become excellent problem solvers without them even knowing it. The business is innovative and a market leader which provided excellent job stability and looks really good on a CV. An Excellent place to start an IT career.

ConsThe amount of procedure, policy and red tape is suffocating. Although this allows for Emis to employee low skilled staff and train them up quickly and efficiently, any bright stars would quickly absorb the training and leave for pastures new as soon as possible. I would expect Emis to have a high staff turnover in certain areas of business and with no progression in year 1 regardless of talent I'm not surprised. This is odd as they give people without qualifications jobs but then if they surpass expectation and would be better suited to another area of business they will not allow them to move and would even let them leave the company rather than break the procedure. I found management had very little power and were really just providing statistics and guidance. It may have been that to some degree they hide behind procedures to be your friend and still say no. Too strict on lateness and sickness that produces unnecessary pressure and stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let anyone who stands out leave the business because of a procedure. It's bad business to let your best people go.

Allow team managers a little more management discretion so that in times of need they can help staff out and not hide behind procedures.

Sickness and lateness is a tricky one. It is a Pro for people who are late and unreliable as it will teach them the importance of punctuality, however anyone who is punctual and reliable will feel punished for others peoples short falls if something does actually go wrong.

Keep giving people a chance.

Its ok....

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at EMIS

Pros: Quick to change and freedom to grow Cons: Lack of communication makes life difficult at times. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

If your looking for a job for life with promotion opportunity look no further.

Training Consultant (Former Employee)
    Newcastle under Lyme, England (UK)

I worked at EMIS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Two days are never the same, Great field based teams with great support from regional management… Cons: Often long distance traveling in the car, Poor Accommodation whilst on official business, VERY POOR quality company… Advice to Senior Management: Never forget where it all started and those who are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on EMIS.

Worked for EMIS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMIS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EMIS CEO Chris Spencer. All reviews posted anonymously by EMIS employees.