EMP Museum

www.empmuseum.org
  www.empmuseum.org
There are newer employer reviews for EMP Museum

Great place, not lots of opportunity

I have been working at EMP Museum

Pros

EMP hires lots of fun, creative and hard working people. Benefits are great and time off is flexible. Management styles vary.

Cons

Management doesn't guide all departments to guide employees to work in a coordinated fashion with a shared vision for the company.

Put more effort into making all department work in a streamlined fashion. To accomplish this, take drastic steps to improve internal communication.

8 Other Employee Reviews for EMP Museum (View Most Recent)

Great content, great people, if it's ok that you make a little less than average

I worked at EMP Museum full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The title says it all - there are not many other places in Seattle (or elsewhere for that matter) where you have the opportunity to work on a variety of subject matter, or with a great set of coworkers like the EMP.

Cons

While I was working there, I learned and grew as a employee tremendously. However, there was a very clear ceiling (both in career and salary), and if I wanted to move past it, I would need to leave. The organization attracts great people, but they all leave because there is only so far you can go there.

Fun but hard and unfair

Current Employee - Visitor Services Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Visitor Services Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at EMP Museum part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun being around music related stuff, getting to meet interesting people (celebrities/ect), good location and fun co-workers.

Cons

As a Visitor Service Rep you are treated badly, paid very low and not respected. Required double shifts, not allowed to sit down for hours on end and a VERY annoying gossipy culture. No room to grow and management unwilling to work with you on schedules or employee requests.

There are newer employer reviews for EMP Museum