EMSL Analytical

www.emsl.com
  www.emsl.com
There are newer employer reviews for EMSL Analytical

OK Company to work for, I would not want to make a career out of it.

Former Employee - Office Administrative in Cinnaminson, NJ
Former Employee - Office Administrative in Cinnaminson, NJ

I worked at EMSL Analytical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible time schedules, low-stress office environment, great co-workers, some great managers. Great place to get some valuable work experience and then move on to better opportunities.

Cons

Terrible "benefits" with high monthly premiums. Could not afford the company health insurance with the paltry wages. Company as a whole seems more focused on expanding than making sure employees are taken care of. Annual "raises" are a joke.

Take care of your employees and you wont have such an astronomically high turnover rate.

72 Other Employee Reviews for EMSL Analytical (View Most Recent)

Don't work in the asbestos department

I have been working at EMSL Analytical

Pros

Come and go as you please, but this also a con because people come and go without regard to how much work is in house.

Cons

As long as you have nothing to do with asbestos dept you can get paid to do nothing remotely recognizing work.If you work in the asbestos dept, you will constantly bombarded with work and the minute you get a chance to breathe you are bombarded again. I have seen analysts in other depts SLEEPING at their stations, constantly on their phones with their spouses, watching movies on their phones or just standing around talking with management while the asbestos dept is swamped with work.You see, they use the asbestos dept to subsidize the lab when the other depts. don't have work. If you bring it up to management then you are being difficult and are labeled a complainer because the management is guilty of all of the above. And don't believe them when they say you can cross train into another dept., that will never happen for you if you work in the asbestos dept. You will NEVER be given the time to do so. If you aren't analyzing you aren't making them money and we can't have that.

If asbestos samples are the only thing that lies between making units and being profitable then make everyone in the lab responsible for analyzing asbestos, not just the suckers like me that took this job thinking it was about 'SCIENCE' and not your bottom line.

Don't work for this outfit

Current Employee - Lab Analyst
    Current Employee - Lab Analyst

I have been working at EMSL Analytical full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I wish I had something good to say. I guess if you want to use this place as a first job - then you'll know what kind of company you won't want to work for again.

Cons

Management sees lab staff as completely disposable. Raises are non-existent or a total joke so lock in a wage you can live with when you start! There is no career development - but they'll gladly give you more to do for no more money - ever.

Retire. Hire management with experience other than at EMSL. Consider treating employees outside of your corporate palace as assets that may have some value.

There are newer employer reviews for EMSL Analytical