www.environcorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for ENVIRON

Great people but with ups-and-downs of project

Former Employee - Associate Engineer 6 in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Associate Engineer 6 in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ENVIRON

Pros

Even beginning with their interview process (involving the whole group), the company encourages collaboration and excellent communications.Top notch people. My managers were good listeners and very "open-door" towards my suggestions for a project even when I was a junior. Co-workers are very competent and friendly. The size of projects varied by a lot which provide good stimuli and pace. Decent work-life balance. Health and 401k benefits are generous.

Cons

Projects can get repetitive, especially in mid-level engineering. On-site responsibilities can be overwhelming, depending on your managers' grasp of staffing needs. Also, probably more of an industry-wide experience, the feast and famine cycle could be quite severe. Promotions and salary raise path unclear and inconsistent.

Encourage more horizontal integration and multidisciplinary practice for engineers. I also wished that management groomed or mentored mid-level and senior engineers more in project management and business development.

44 Other Employee Reviews for ENVIRON (View Most Recent)

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ENVIRON

Pros

Environ International Coproporation has excellent benefits and vacation time. They generally pay well for associates but there is quite a bit of favoritisim in the company that limits the extent to which one will excel.

Cons

At certain locations, there are a number of managers that have been promoted to positions clearly above their ability. The good ol boys club appears to be in action here.

It would be helpful if you could take some time to get input from those who do not work within your immediate team or group.

Great work environment

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ENVIRON

Pros

Great work environment
    Good benefits
    Good work-life balance

Cons

High attrition rate; partly due to compensation

N/A