There are newer employer reviews for EOG

Overall a great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

I have been working at EOG

Pros

Sr. Management team is a group of very smart and highly ethical people. Work is challenging.

Cons

There needs to be some sort of advancement for long termnon-degreed employees who have proven themselves to be outstanding performers. The mind-set in my discpline is if you have no degree....you are stuck...no matter how smart one is or how much a person contributes or the level of responsibility they have. If the person is a proven perfomer and has more responsibility than their other non-degreed counterparts there should be some level they can strive for.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at EOG

Pros

Stock options for all employees and bonuses, generous vacation package, great insurance choices. Overall an excellent, extremely well run corporation.

Cons

I really cannot say anything bad about this company. There are employees here that should do more, but that is anywhere you go. We are thinly staffed, but not overly worked.

Advice to Management

Most of the management I have come in contact with are very pleasant, they remember you on a first name basis, whoever you might be in the company.

2. Great folks...systematically about increasing stock price at all costs.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX

I have been working at EOG

Pros

Great Folks to work with. Pay is low for non engineers, but fun guys to work with.

Cons

Unqualified Managers; Need to look at professional support drpartmentsand shake out the good old boys and fill the positions with bright ethical professionals. Ethics is needed at field level.

Advice to Management

Hire Professional staff outside of the engineering positions.There are Grade A engineers present at the company, you need marquis staff associated non engineer professionals.