EOG

www.eogresources.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for EOG

Couldn't of made a better decision

Current Employee - Production Engineer
Current Employee - Production Engineer

I have been working at EOG full-time (less than a year)

Pros

When I was offered the job, I had other offers on the table from some of the supermajors. When I told a manager at EOG that my wife would rather I go to Houston with a supermajor than the location EOG offered me, the manager said, "At the end of the day your family is the most important thing in your life and you need to do what's right for your family, and if going to Houston with [the supermajor] is the best for your family, you need to do that. I promise you though, if you come to EOG, we will treat you right." EOG has definitely kept that promise.

I'm extremely glad I went with EOG over a supermajor. EOG is at the forefront of technology, and has the habit of pioneering new plays. I work on projects that I interest me. Hard work is noticed and rewarded.

Cons

Not a single dang thing.

I have been extremely impressed with upper management, especially CEO Mark Papa. Mark does his best to remember all the employees names that he meets. For example, during quarterly Q&A sessions, he addresses people by name when they ask questions, even the young engineers. I spoke to him once and mentioned that this impressed me. His response was along the lines of "I used to know everyones name, but now its too hard because we've gotten so big." He is extremely casual, humble, approachable, and unpretentious. I feel that this is the general attitude that permeates the management atmosphere.

Keep doing what your doing.

40 Other Employee Reviews for EOG (View Most Recent)

Great Company in Certain Departments

I have been working at EOG

Pros

great benefits, ok compensation, beautiful offices, free soda

Cons

Certain department managers are clueless on how to manage people.

Best Place I have ever worked

I have been working at EOG full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I get to work on multiple projects simultaneously while wearing multiple hats. We are a bit short staffed so the personal activity level is very high (never a dull moment). The management team is extremely focused on growing the company smartly (not too much debt). I really like how the company empowers the division offices to run their own businesses (no micro management from CORP).

Cons

I just wish that I would have started here earlier in my career. Since we are so thinly staffed, the workload can be a bit overwhelming from time to time.

There are newer employer reviews for EOG