EOG
www.eogresources.com Houston, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

An okay company that could do so much better

A/P (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsVery good benefits, with plenty of time off.

ConsCore management are holdovers from the Enron days. If you work for one, and they are not happy with something, you will not get a chance to either move up or laterally. Do not take a position here unless that is what you really want to be doing, as your chances to move are about nil. This is especially so in the A/P department.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you have a good employee who shows an interest in another position, and has the aptitude for it, a good company with give them a chance...a poor one will not.

High exposure, loosely organized

Engineer II (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at EOG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Little higherarchy, lots of responsibility and opportunity. If you work for the right person/department, it can be a great place to work and learn. Mostly… Cons: It's loosely organized which can be a positive or can be a negative when things get out of hand. There can be frustration in lack… Advice to Senior Management: A lot of valuable people seem to be under-paid. Most groups know who the winners are, and they should be compensated accordingly. I don't get… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Amazing Internship

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at EOG as an intern

Pros: They have a very "family based" environment. The company understands what should come first… Cons: They focus so much on rate of returns that old wells often die out and lose production. This… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on EOG.

Worked for EOG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EOG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EOG CEO Mark G. Papa. All reviews posted anonymously by EOG employees.