Great Opportunities, Great Clients

Pros

I would never have had the opportunities I have received at any other type of employer. Being in consulting gives exposure to many varieties of companies and ways of managing EHS. The learning opportunities are tremendous and the quality of the people I work with is great.

Cons

Schedules can be unpredictable. Clients are all over the Bay Area. It's not a 40 hour week. Can get thrown into things without prior training.

Other Employee Reviews for EORM

1. Employee friendly and friendly employees

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at EORM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In my experience EORM really knows how to treat employees positively. Decisions are made with employees in mind and lots of communication helps us to understand what's going on in the company. Employees are friendly and fun and it's one of the best places I've ever worked.

Cons

Consulting can be long hours and long drives to clients, but you don't go into consulting without knowing that.

2. Interesting work, very demanding

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at EORM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Once you are able to meet everyone, you have the opportunity to make the job what you want. You are exposed to a lot of technical EHS work. You continue to learn something new every day. Half your time is spent mastering your own technical field, and half your time is spent developing new opportunities. It allows you to be curious and learn what motivates clients and what drives business.

Cons

Expectations are very high. It is very difficult to fit in all that is required within the time frame of an 8 hour work day. You will be working long extended hours, and most weekends in order to deliver what is expected. Focus is tough because there are so many unrelated responsibilities. Driving to client sites can suck the time out your day. Long road hours.

Advice to Management

Use positive reinforcement, rather than negative reinforcement when managing your people. Don't tell your employees what they are not doing, but spark motivation by telling them what they are doing right. Try to continue to stay true to your mission, and not let the pressure from the recent acquisition force you to lose focus on your mission, and people.