EPG

www.epgaz.com
  www.epgaz.com
There are newer employer reviews for EPG

Great Potential Wasted

I worked at EPG full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful coworkers for the most part.

Cons

Too many, unfortunately. The greatest being ego. Senior management fails to learn from their mistakes, too much finger pointing outside of themselves. Although they claim to value good work, they don't. This is the only job I ever had where I was admonished for being too thorough. Over the years, quality has diminished not due to the ability of the planners and support personnel, but due to a lack of foresight on the part of management. The ego of some of them is not only unreal, but not even close to realistic. Titles mean more to them than just getting the work done. Sad to see the company go in this direction.

Change things up. Start with the top brass. Listen to those 'below' you. And for the love of all things holy, stop with the family hiring/promotion nonsense.

8 Other Employee Reviews for EPG (View Most Recent)

It's cute until you get fired...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at EPG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When they wanted to, management was generous to employees through parties, teambuilding events, etc. We had up-to-date equipment and a nice office. For the most part, people were pretty nice.

Cons

I have worked in alot of varied environments, and I have never worked for company that fired more people during my employment. With a staff of less than 100 people, I think 14 were fired over a three year period, one every few months, suddenly. At one point, three gay employees were fired consecutively within months of each other.

Five Principles:
    Don't perpetuate unsavory racial stereotypes.
    Save decision making for those that can handle it.
    Homophobia eventually is worse for the homophobic.
    Just because someone is related to you does not mean that they are competent, trustworthy, fair or intelligent.
    If you want to own a successful business, be present and try to make people actually like you.

Applicants Beware

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at EPG full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My staff were highly capable and very easy to work with and we could have been very successful if the market conditions would have been better.

Cons

Senior Management not entirely forthright. Unreasonable billing rates. No marketing skills, senior management relies on their resumes from the Dames and Moore days. up-scaling scopes of work not appreciated by clients.

Retire.