There are newer employer reviews for EPIC Technologies

I would still be employed had they not shipped everything to Mexico

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

I worked at EPIC Technologies

Pros

The location was great, Johson City is a great place to live.

Cons

Anytime a company closes it's door and moves it's product out of country, layoffs hurt the economy, and they cause great hardships on communities and families. People have lost their homes due to layoffs. Support the US worker.

reviews filtered by

Much experience was gained during employment. Upper management reminded me of a monkeys and a football reference.

Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Norwalk, OH
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Norwalk, OH

I have been working at EPIC Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you live in Norwalk then it's close to home. Its a good stepping stone full of experience and good people.

Cons

Temps are brought in and laid off multiple times a year. Full time employees are laid off regularly. There is a constant threat of shut down with no set date. Upper Management had no physical involvement with the product, which explained their lack of judgment ability when quoting the customer.

Make better decisions, and plan ahead. Learn the product. Upper management has no idea what it took to produce the product. They just hid in there offices and hoped for the best.

Proud to have on my resume, but wish I could have done more.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, OH

I worked at EPIC Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wonderfully kind people to work with, who don't clock-watch or gripe all day. Customers are treated with great care. In general, there are good routes to start individual or group improvements. Lean basics are there, pre-existing.

Cons

Strategy and execution generally were not balanced across the organization. Instead, there was a lot of "my work, my goals, my metrics" instead of "top company priority, related plant priority, related department priority, related personal priority."

Define the strategy from a company perspective, not just each customer's wrangling.

There are newer employer reviews for EPIC Technologies