Document review

Former Contractor - Document Review in New York, NY
Former Contractor - Document Review in New York, NY

I worked at EPIQ Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great equipment; knowledgeable management, has the work

Cons

A little regimented, but gets the job done

Advice to Management

Try to be less secretive about duration of job, next jobs etc.

Other Employee Reviews for EPIQ Systems

1. Great place to start a career

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at EPIQ Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of smart people involved in some of the largest, most newsworthy litigation projects

Cons

Administrative nature of the work can become tedious.

Advice to Management

None.

Work here if you are really desperate... otherwise remain unemployed!!

Former Employee - Information Technology in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Portland, OR

I worked at EPIQ Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will meet some decent people at Epiq who are actually human and can have a decent conversation with. Decent technology for the type of work there. If you decide to give up your personal life, then this job is the one for you. Epiq lives on the ideology that you should work 45 or more hours a week in the name of Epiq. If this is for you, then this place is for you.

Cons

Ok...where to begin...? In the three years I have been there, I have had six different bosses. Centralized management is horrible to work for as they don't see you working from their location, no matter what you do at your location of employment, in this case, Portland Office, they do not care. No room for growth at all, nor to move vertically. No raises in the last three years, yet they start people out at almost 20% higher than what the current employees are making. This causes severe resentment. Then on top of that you have a manager that screams, uses profanity and intimidation and threats to get his way. When you talk back you are told you are going to be fired by Friday. They create an atmosphere of severe tension, fear, demand answers to a project they just gave you six minutes ago, and on top of that, they seriously don't care for their employees. They put someone who used to be a house painter, into IT, two years later he is an intern manager?!? That just goes to show you what they think of the ones that actually break their backs to make IT look good! No matter that people work 75 hour weeks, or that they give up weekends and nights for the sake of the company. This mattered not to Epiq. I did this for three years, to no avail. This caused massive tension in my personal life and this place stole my happiness. After quitting, my life is now on the mend and I can move forward from what I term as the Dark Age for myself. I would seriously caution and reconsider EVERYTHING they tell you about Epiq. If you do decide to make the inevitable decision to work there, negotiate a higher pay as you will not see another raise during your time there, no matter if you saved the entire building from burning alive in huge fire.