There are newer employer reviews for EPIQ Systems

Monday is my favorite time of year

Former Employee - Production Analyst in New York, NY
Former Employee - Production Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at EPIQ Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

*SUMMARY*

-Always plenty of work to keep you busy
-Lots of overtime available with compensation
-Most people are friendly and willing to help
-Career growth is available for the hard workers
-Full benefits

*EXPLANATION*

If you are fresh out of college, have little to no work experience, and are desperate for a job then this is a good place to start. Unfortunately, the starting salaries are very low so I’d suggest staying home with mom and dad to help save a few bucks.

Don't worry about having enough to do on the job. There are plenty of clients and the queue is usually full of requests that need to be completed. Expect to work long days, a lot of overtime, weekends, and holidays. Cherish your vacation days and any other time you have off.

Most people are generally very nice. I can't actually remember meeting someone I didn't like, or couldn't get along with.

If you try to do the minimum, don't get mad if you get passed up year after year when promotions are readily available. Actually, I have noticed Spanish people generally have a harder time getting promoted but that could just be a coincidence.

Upon employment you'll receive 2 weeks’ vacation, 2 floating holidays, 2 personal days, and 5 sick days. Health (PPO), dental, vision, and 401k are available. The health insurance is pretty expensive so you might want to explore other options.

Cons

*SUMMARY*

-Starting salaries are very low (If we could pay you less we would mentality)
-Extremely understaffed (The turnover rate is extra ordinarily high at this place)
-Micromanaged up the wazoo
-Always updating proprietary software and breaking features that previously worked
-Desperate to fill positions, they'll hire almost anybody

*EXPLANATION*

If you are entry level, forget about making over ~45k the first couple of years. IT, Dev, and PM's are usually compensated generously.

Most employees move on after a few years to find better paying jobs once they have the experience. I've probably seen over 100 people come and go during my tenure at this company.

The nature of this industry basically requires micromanagement but this place go over the top. I've never seen so many managers in my life. Every other person is a supervisor, manager, or some sort of director. Policies change every week. Everything has a special checklist. Employee tracking is rampant. Billing is probably the most frustrating area. You are required to eloquently and methodically track every second of the day for all work that is being tended. I'm surprised they haven't figured out a way to track your bowl movements yet.

The proprietary software looks awesome but it's always filled with bugs. You know the old saying. Don't fix something that isn't broke. I don't think anyone ever explained that one to these people. Also, they should rename QA department to Q N/A department.

This is the one place you'll find people with all sorts of educational backgrounds that are totally unrelated to computers and technology. They'll hire anyone who's willing to accept cheap labor and agree to work weekends.

-Offer competitive salaries to everyone
-Don't promote slave labor
-A human being is not a resource and their well-being should come before a request
-You don't need 10 managers, managing 5 people
-Stop making people use hardware and software that's 5+ years old
-if you're going to promise something, follow through--keep your word

Finally, don't revoke/minimalize everyone's bonus because operation management made a poor decision regarding target projections. It's poor taste when the CEO says "We are doing great, revenue is up", hands out 2 different dividends to shareholders, income is up $10 million compared to the previous year, but then a few months later turns around says "No bonus this year folks, we didn't meet our goals". And you wonder why people are leaving in massive numbers.

79 Other Employee Reviews for EPIQ Systems (View Most Recent)

Mass firings after 2 weeks. If you complain, you will be fired and blackballed.

Former Employee - Contact Center Representative in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Contact Center Representative in Beaverton, OR

I worked at EPIQ Systems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Free tea and coffee. Decent cubicles.

Cons

The call center was run by a loud mouth thug from NY with no people skills. He described how he would consistently take things the wrong way and pick fights as a result. They claimed much more training than was received. I was told not to provide information to callers.

Hire someone with some people skills to run the call center. The jackass thug running the call center is a class action suit waiting to happen.
    Not everyone, especially the very poor, has access to computer. Be prepared to carefully explain things to the poor and uneducated as directed by the courts.

Former Employee - Desk Support in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Desk Support in New York, NY

I worked at EPIQ Systems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

• Provided support to end users relating to hardware and software, computer applications, LAN components and peripherals.
    • Installed, organized, tested, maintained, checked and troubleshoot end user workstations and interrelated -hardware and software.

• Carry out on-site analysis, identification, and resolution of difficult desktop problems for end users.

Cons

• Performed all levels of hardware and software systems support for 300 computers and printers.

There are newer employer reviews for EPIQ Systems