ERICO

www.erico.com

It was once a good place to work.

Pros

Stable company. Even in the bad economy Erico has continued to make money. Erico has been in business a long time. Casual dress code. Time off policy is OK. Medical coverage is OK.

Cons

Management does not care about it's employees. There is no job security; all employees are thought of as expendable. In the past few years they have let go people with over 20+ years to trim the top salaries. They have "pushed" several long-time employees into retiring. They no longer offer a pension. Raises are far and few and then only 2-3%. Sick time policy is the worst I've ever seen.

Other reviews for ERICO

Awesome company with a clear, articulated strategy and a bright future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Pros

Great culture (sounds trite, but it’s true)
    Amazing co-workers, the majority of people bleed “ERICO blue”
    There is an actual strategic plan for growth – and management willingly and openly shares that with every employee to make sure they understand it
    The Executive Management Team is first-rate, with a number of high-caliber individuals
    The current ERICO is much less political than the ERICO of old
    Numerous career paths available, including international postings
    Our new president – Dan Mominee
    Weathered the “Great Recession” without resorting to layoffs, paid year-end bonuses every year to salaried and hourly employees, and continued to make investments that will allow us to grow as the economy improves

Cons

Very lean in some areas, need to add some staff
    Benefits used to be a LOT better
    401k match isn’t competitive
    We lack a barista on site

Continue to share our strategy for the future with all of the employees, that transparency and the fact that we actually have a plan goes a long way to allay employee fears in an uncertain economy.

The definition of dog and pony show

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Engineer in Solon, OH

Pros

The only good thing I can say about Erico is it is very easy to move to different roles. This is nice if you are just starting out and you are not exactly sure what you want to do with your career, but once you do find what you want to do, get out!!!! You will learn more, get paid more and treated better at other companies.

Cons

The main problem with Erico in a few words, “dog and pony show.”Middle management is so intensely focused on making is appear that great improvements are being made to Erico’s manufacturing processes that they make no effort to even pretend that’s not exactly what we were doing. On numerous occasions I was told to “put on a show” when upper management came to tour the plant. Upper management is so hopelessly lost when they do tour the plant they we could convince them that painting some lines on the floor and hanging some signs would suddenly increase efficiency and save hundreds of thousands of dollars. The next time they would come, the lines and signs would be gone and we would have a new flimsy sales pitch that they would gobble up. Management does not have the attention span to make any real difference in Ericos manufacturing. It is much easier to just pretend. The other problem with Erico is people leave and they leave often. The company is slow to replaces them and rarely ever hires any with much experience. It’s hard to learn and find a good mentor if you been with the company for just a few years and you are one of the more experienced employees.

Nothing, you just can’t fix stupid.

There are newer employer reviews for ERICO.

Worked for ERICO? Contribute to the Community!