There are newer employer reviews for ESA (California)

Don't get too comfortable

Former Employee - Associate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ESA (California) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits
Nice office (In Los Angeles)
Small office
Easy to get friendly and close with co-workers
If you work on enough good projects you can add loads of experience to a resume
Was my first job where I got a bonus check

Cons

They don't invest as much in their employees as they may say. In fact , they year I was there the main guy chastised the bosses in on our office for spending money to send Associates to seminars and trainings.

I believe there are a lot of office politics at work. I wasn't always one to hang with co-workers during lunch and happy hour after work, so I think that attributed to me being let go.

If they don't have work, then you don't have work. And if you aren't working (billable) then you aren't of use. You must constantly ask for work to do.

No direct training to help new associates understand their place in the company and to really understand how their processes work.

After talking with my boss a few times, he said that they were interested in investing in their employees to raise in the ranks. Maybe he was misled also, but I didn't see that happening at all. People are too busy at times to help bring you up, so you may have to do it on your own.

In short, don't be lulled into a false sense of security. A woman I know who left there said "Almost everyday I went to work, I thought I might get fired."

Invest in your employees.
Stop using the facade of niceness and care. At the end of the day you run like a corporation. Just because you work related to the environment doesn't make you automatically a good, "caring" company.

8 Other Employee Reviews for ESA (California) (View Most Recent)

Legacy entitled management that requires only minions to make their 6 figures.

I worked at ESA (California)

Pros

Easy office politics at first. nice office supplies

Cons

Based exactly on the disappointing format as the large mega corporations. Poor senior management takes control just as like their predecessor mediocre firms that were eminent in the 1990s. Not for midmanagement people- you get railroaded out the door the first time you state your mind.

Offices are run as complete independent entities. Not for the large scale oriented professional who aims to work internationally.

My advice is to avoid this firm completely. not worth it.

get rid of redundant and poorly performing management staff. but you wont so enjoy the last of the bubble economy.

Mediocre and disappointing

Former Employee - Senior Associate  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at ESA (California) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers everyone is helpful, work isnt too hard, and good benefits.

Cons

No training, gossiping/backbitting, toxic work enviroment from management,no promotion from within, no opportunities for growth. You definitely hit the glass ceiling and most people leave or quit.

Too top heavy, doesn't promote from within, think about helping and training your staff and become mentors instead of blaming others for your short comings and failures.

There are newer employer reviews for ESA (California)

Worked for ESA (California)? Contribute to the Community!