ESA (California)

www.esassoc.com

Don't get too comfortable

Associate (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat benefits
Nice office (In Los Angeles)
Small office
Easy to get friendly and close with co-workers
If you work on enough good projects you can add loads of experience to a resume
Was my first job where I got a bonus check

ConsThey don't invest as much in their employees as they may say. In fact , they year I was there the main guy chastised the bosses in on our office for spending money to send Associates to seminars and trainings.

I believe there are a lot of office politics at work. I wasn't always one to hang with co-workers during lunch and happy hour after work, so I think that attributed to me being let go.

If they don't have work, then you don't have work. And if you aren't working (billable) then you aren't of use. You must constantly ask for work to do.

No direct training to help new associates understand their place in the company and to really understand how their processes work.

After talking with my boss a few times, he said that they were interested in investing in their employees to raise in the ranks. Maybe he was misled also, but I didn't see that happening at all. People are too busy at times to help bring you up, so you may have to do it on your own.

In short, don't be lulled into a false sense of security. A woman I know who left there said "Almost everyday I went to work, I thought I might get fired."

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees.
Stop using the facade of niceness and care. At the end of the day you run like a corporation. Just because you work related to the environment doesn't make you automatically a good, "caring" company.

Legacy entitled management that requires only minions to make their 6 figures.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ESA (California)

Pros: Easy office politics at first. nice office supplies Cons: Based exactly on the disappointing format as the large mega corporations. Poor senior management takes control just as like their predecessor mediocre firms that were… Advice to Senior Management: get rid of redundant and poorly performing management staff. but… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Mediocre and disappointing

Senior Associate (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at ESA (California) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great coworkers everyone is helpful, work isnt too hard, and… Cons: No training, gossiping/backbitting, toxic work enviroment from management,no promotion from within, no opportunities… Advice to Senior Management: Too top heavy, doesn't promote from within, think about helping and training your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ESA (California).

Worked for ESA (California)? Contribute to the Community!