ESCO

Growing pains

Manager (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

I have been working at ESCO full-time for more than 10 years

ProsESCO, a privately held company for nearly 100 years, has filed an S1 document for an initial public offering. A successful IPO will provide greater access to capital, which in turn will finance ESCO's continued growth. The company enjoys the contributions of many employees with 20, 30, and even 40 years of service. The company offers competitive compensation, including a profit-based bonus plan, 401k contribution, and competitive salaries.

ConsGrowth brings new challenges. ESCO's culture is not necessarily an easy fit with the requirements of a publicly-held international enterprise. The experience and stability that comes from having long-time employees also translates to an insular, "not invented here" mindset. Stress levels are high and most people have more work than they can successfully do.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is critical, and business growth requires investment in people, facilities, and enabling technologies. Bring in experienced managers and executives from outside industry and listen to them.

Co-workers and culture make ESCO a fun place to work, but culture is changing to short term corporate culture.

Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

I have been working at ESCO

Pros: ESCO is built on innovation, and as such has been willing to invest great tools to developing new products. The company has world class… Cons: Our culture is changing from employee oriented to short term profit. Upper level management is focusing and decision making further down echelon.… Advice to Senior Management: You need a better understanding of what is occurring in the day to day opperations. However, give direction to next level of mangement and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent products, good people, poor leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ESCO full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Innovative products and well developed global network Cons: Lack of vision at the top Advice to Senior Management: More work needs to be done on where/what you want… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ESCO.

Worked for ESCO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ESCO reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ESCO CEO Calvin Collins. All reviews posted anonymously by ESCO employees.