Compensation is low but great place to learn and develop career

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Bristol, CT
Current Employee - Account Executive in Bristol, CT

I have been working at ESPN

Pros

Love Sports, Innovative, Challenging, Talented and Intelligent Co Workers, Perks

Cons

Compensation, Disney Corporate Structure, Living in CT, Communication; lack of culture in central connecticut

foster greater communication and develop increased opportunities for mentorship and career growth opportunities, further develop synergy opportunities between departments and Walt Disney Company entities.

Other Reviews for ESPN

Not just a job a soap oprea

Current Employee - Manager  in  Bristol, CT
    Current Employee - Manager in Bristol, CT

I have been working at ESPN

Pros

The biggest broadcast learning place in the world. You can learn and see more new STUFF than anywhere in the world.

Cons

Run by the good ole boys. They tend to do what is best for them and not really listen to what people are asking for. It has great hope of being the best place to work if the good ole boys retire

Listen to your people. stop doing what you think is good for all and listen to what all are saying.

It sounds better to say you work at ESPN than it actual is to work at ESPN

Former Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at ESPN

Pros

It sounds glamorous and sexy and the salary/benefits are excellent. They also are quite flexible if you need time off for anything. I was relatively new at the time and needed unplanned surgery and they allowed me to work from home since I did not technically have the time available.

Cons

Some of the decisions by Exceutive leadership can leave you scratching your head. Also, there is an odd, hard to describe culture where women treat other women horribly at the office (for a perception of strength I guess). They are cut throat to themselves but treat the males fine--very strange.

Hire people that actually have relevant experience for the role.

There are newer employer reviews for ESPN.

Worked for ESPN? Contribute to the Community!