There are newer employer reviews for ESPN

Great place to work for those who love sports

Former Intern - Intern in Bristol, CT
Former Intern - Intern in Bristol, CT

I worked at ESPN as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work/life balance as an intern - Opportunity to meet management - Opportunity to meet professional athletes - Great benefits for sporting events

Cons

- Job can get too repetitive and routine - As an intern, you are not given many projects to work on

Advice to Management

The management should given interns more things to work on either individually, or with another employee. There was many times during my internship when I was bored because I had nothing to do.

Other Employee Reviews for ESPN

1. Values diversity and employee wellness

Current Employee - General Editor in Bristol, CT
    Current Employee - General Editor in Bristol, CT

I have been working at ESPN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Morale is pretty high at ESPN for the most part. We treat sports pretty seriously but we understand it's just a game and it's to be enjoyed. They’re serious about diversity here. (Though their top executives don’t reflect that. Hopefully this is something they are working on.) If you love sports, you will fit right in.

Cons

It’s still pretty much a bro culture. There are many sharp, talented women, but you definitely fit in more if you’re most comfortable in a golf shirt and khakis.

Advice to Management

Hire people who have experience in more than just sports and sports journalism. It will make the workplace AND the content more diverse and successful.

2. Great company

Former Employee - Marketing Director in East Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in East Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ESPN full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company lives up to the title as the Worldwide Leader in Sports. Also, the company is innovative, Industry leader, supports career growth.

Cons

The company and management can be elitist, arrogant and under pay employees.

Advice to Management

Train and promote more employees from within organization.