There are newer employer reviews for ESPN

Great Place, Positive Environment and Competitive Pay. Great Place to work!!

Current Contractor - Group Fitness Instructor in Bristol, CT
Current Contractor - Group Fitness Instructor in Bristol, CT

I have been working at ESPN as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Location, Healthy Work Environment, Great Pay, Diversity. ESPN is a great place to work, it offers so much diversity with employees to opportunities for advancement. If you are willing to work hard, the opportunity to grow is there. They also promote a balanced life and offer many perks for employees to stay healthy and to work as a team! There staff is friendly and their Security staff is incredible!!

Cons

Large, Population huge, Dress Code, ESPN is an enormous facility to work in. Although difficult to create that community feel because of its size they do a good job in trying to bring that in.

Other Employee Reviews for ESPN

1. Great place to work for those who love sports

Former Intern - Intern in Bristol, CT
    Former Intern - Intern in Bristol, CT

I worked at ESPN as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work/life balance as an intern - Opportunity to meet management - Opportunity to meet professional athletes - Great benefits for sporting events

Cons

- Job can get too repetitive and routine - As an intern, you are not given many projects to work on

Advice to Management

The management should given interns more things to work on either individually, or with another employee. There was many times during my internship when I was bored because I had nothing to do.

2. Values diversity and employee wellness

Current Employee - General Editor in Bristol, CT
    Current Employee - General Editor in Bristol, CT

I have been working at ESPN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Morale is pretty high at ESPN for the most part. We treat sports pretty seriously but we understand it's just a game and it's to be enjoyed. They’re serious about diversity here. (Though their top executives don’t reflect that. Hopefully this is something they are working on.) If you love sports, you will fit right in.

Cons

It’s still pretty much a bro culture. There are many sharp, talented women, but you definitely fit in more if you’re most comfortable in a golf shirt and khakis.

Advice to Management

Hire people who have experience in more than just sports and sports journalism. It will make the workplace AND the content more diverse and successful.