A great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

I have been working at ESPN

Pros

Active, friendly place to work. Always something exciting going on or coming up. Massive company parties, like the picnic and holiday party (R.I.P.).

Cons

Human resources is slow accomplishing anything, from contacting you, hiring, posting jobs, and get promotions in order. Sometimes Disney corporate policies are in place that have no relevance to working here.

Advice to Management

"Pay for Performance" is a great motto, but I have seen HR policies and politics get in the way of good people with great reviews being promoted while consultants get converted over to full-time employees. It made no sense.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great place to work, but seems difficult to advance from within.

Former Employee - Tax Intern in Bristol, CT
    Former Employee - Tax Intern in Bristol, CT

I worked at ESPN

Pros

It is a sports fan dream
    They provide a good balance of work/life
    They have a comfortable environment
    Good learning experience
    Overall a fun place to work

Cons

The internship seemed to be more along the lines of cheap labor rather than as company that is looking to develop and hone future employees from in-house. The do kind of tell you that going into the position though

Advice to Management

Overall i think that they have done a great job. The few bad apples they have hired on their networks should not spoil the reputation of this company.

2. ESPN is an exciting place to work, where the company as a whole expects employees to eat/breathe/sleep ESPN culture.

Former Employee - Supervising Integration Producer in Bristol, CT
    Former Employee - Supervising Integration Producer in Bristol, CT

I worked at ESPN

Pros

If you are a sports fan, there is no better atmosphere. Either in Production or in more traditional 9-5 business disciplines, you will be surrounded with people who enjoy a 20 minute conversation about minute details of last night's game.

Cons

Even at the management level, you will work Nights, Weekends and Holidays....you know, when sports are Live. The strategy and culture is very top-down, where the direction of the company is dictated by management.

Advice to Management

ESPN Management was always good to me in allowing me to have a life outside of ESPN. I often speak very highly of the management and simply left to pursue other interests.