There are newer employer reviews for ESPN

The Good & The Bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bristol, CT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

I have been working at ESPN

Pros

The most talented people in the industry work here. There's great people outside ESPN, but chances are they ended up here at some point or are still there.

Cons

Everything you hated about how a high school cafeteria functioned socially is true at ESPN. Imagine it's with adults who have money and hormones.

They're your employees. They break their backs because they love what they do. They make you look good. Appreciate them.

246 Other Employee Reviews for ESPN (View Most Recent)

hat

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bristol, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

I have been working at ESPN

Pros

It is a solid place to work and a lot of fun to work there. I enjoy being an employee.

Cons

The human resources department leaves much to be desired as they work very slowly to respond to any questions and or comments.

Keep up the good work, but I suggest increasing starting salaries for entry level positions to increase competitiveness compared to competitors.

ESPN is an exciting place to work, where the company as a whole expects employees to eat/breathe/sleep ESPN culture.

Former Employee - Supervising Integration Producer  in  Bristol, CT
    Former Employee - Supervising Integration Producer in Bristol, CT

I worked at ESPN

Pros

If you are a sports fan, there is no better atmosphere. Either in Production or in more traditional 9-5 business disciplines, you will be surrounded with people who enjoy a 20 minute conversation about minute details of last night's game.

Cons

Even at the management level, you will work Nights, Weekends and Holidays....you know, when sports are Live. The strategy and culture is very top-down, where the direction of the company is dictated by management.

ESPN Management was always good to me in allowing me to have a life outside of ESPN. I often speak very highly of the management and simply left to pursue other interests.

There are newer employer reviews for ESPN

Worked for ESPN? Contribute to the Community!