ESPN

www.espn.go.com
  www.espn.go.com
There are newer employer reviews for ESPN

Overall, a great place to work.

Current Employee - Manager in Bristol, CT
Current Employee - Manager in Bristol, CT

I have been working at ESPN

Pros

A great nuruting environment that encourages innovation and individual freedoms. The company is truly concerned about the well being of its employees. The company works very hard to ensure that the integrity of the work environment. The compnay gives your the opportunity to learn and do a lot.

Cons

Too much of a locker room mentality/ old boys network, which interferes with and compromises the goals of the company and president. The "pay for performance" program is not properly administered. Some groups are paid for mediocre performance and other groups are not rewarded for outstanding performance. You are also asked to do a lot with limited resources.

Loosen the purse strings and reward employees and individual employees for their tireless efforts. Acknowledge that it takes a lot to produce the products and reward those who make it happen.

282 Other Employee Reviews for ESPN (View Most Recent)

A great place to work.

I have been working at ESPN

Pros

Active, friendly place to work. Always something exciting going on or coming up. Massive company parties, like the picnic and holiday party (R.I.P.).

Cons

Human resources is slow accomplishing anything, from contacting you, hiring, posting jobs, and get promotions in order. Sometimes Disney corporate policies are in place that have no relevance to working here.

"Pay for Performance" is a great motto, but I have seen HR policies and politics get in the way of good people with great reviews being promoted while consultants get converted over to full-time employees. It made no sense.

This is a good company to start your career at... just get out after about the 3rd year

I have been working at ESPN

Pros

If you love sports, this is the place to be
    Exciting, high paced environment
    Good bond between co-workers
    Always fun to hear the reaction you get when you tell people you work at ESPN

Cons

CONNECTICUT
    No one really cares about work-life balance even though it's preached
    No appreciation for a job well done
    Poor pay

We know it's tough times and we're supposed to do more with less, cut us some slack, though. We're getting burned out!

There are newer employer reviews for ESPN