There are newer employer reviews for EVRAZ North America

Great pay difficult shifts

I worked at EVRAZ North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The salary was good, close to home, challenging.

Cons

Constantly changing management, dirty, noisey

none

36 Other Employee Reviews for EVRAZ North America (View Most Recent)

What a gong show.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Red Deer, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Red Deer, AB (Canada)

I worked at EVRAZ North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

For a job in Red Deer, where you can be home after every shift? Pretty impressive pay. And MOST of my co-workers were great. Benefits were fairly typical for the industry.

Cons

Where do I begin... The bonus structure is designed to fail. Speaking of failures, almost the entire management team there is out of control. I haven't been there for a year and a half now, but what I'm hearing from current employees is the completely irrational behaviour of management. This includes making stupid decisions, costing the company as much as millions of dollars (and certainly any chance of a bonus for those who get their hands dirty), or men being disciplined/fired for no valid reason. Also, mandatory overtime with almost NO notice to the employees, due to shortages of certain skillsets (but this is the employee's fault, right?). Employee input is RARELY appreciated, and often dismissed. Same goes for safety.

Management often ignores the contract rules, just to push the boundaries of what they can get away with in regard to employee treatment.

Advice to Chicago: Time to clean house in Red Deer. From what I'm told, you'd be smart to leave the current quality assurance team in place, as they seem to have turned things around.

Additionally, trinkets such as extension cords, batteries, or coffee mugs (or most hilarious, a DISCOUNT on items at the online Evraz store?!) are NOT appropriate for safety awards. Other companies dig FAR deeper in to their ample pockets to reward safety.

Branch had better morale when run under different company, went downhill after being bought by Evraz

I worked at EVRAZ North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, benefits and work hours

Cons

Low morale and bad management. Poor implementation of new ideas and procedures

Listen to long term employees that know what works

There are newer employer reviews for EVRAZ North America