EY
www.ey.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Excellent Company

Associate (Current Employee)
McLean, VA

ProsErnst & Young is a great company to learn and grow as an audit professional. The training is excellent, there are many opportunities to travel (or remain local if that's your preference) and they have an excellent PTO policy.

ConsThe mentor/mentee dynamic could be better. Counselors are not always available to discuss your improvement and progress within the firm.

Additionally, you can get pigeon-holed into serving on one client for most of the year indifferent to your desires. Once an engagement has developed and refined your audit skills they are hard pressed to give up your time to other EY teams.

Although the benefits clearly outweigh the costs please understand "Big 4" firms have an abnormally high attrition rate. They work hard, they play hard. If you're not up for the challenge you probably should consider other options.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide feedback to personnel more timely.

Quality in everything you do!!

Advance Analyst (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at EY full-time for more than a year

Pros: culture & the work atmosphere is good. Cons: loaddza work & it gets onto you at times Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great experience !! Loved working at Ernst & Young

Audit Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at EY full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Very smart people - Partners are interested in development of staff - overall atmosphere was very conducive to… Cons: - hours can be long - no bonus for all - there… Advice to Senior Management: - Consider increasing base salaries or adding a meaningful bonus… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on EY.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EY CEO Mark Weinberger. All reviews posted anonymously by EY employees.