There are newer employer reviews for EY

Great place to start your career, you'll learn a lot...and work a lot too.

Current Employee - Technology and Security Risk Services Staff in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at EY

Pros

Experience, working with very intelligent and motivated individuals

Cons

The hours, and the fact that it's hard to stand out amongst such strong peers.

Be as honest as possible with us and work on implenting the people first culture. We work very hard for you and don't get paid very much compared to other IT jobs, and our 401k plan is pretty horrible. I would like to feel more appreciated and valued. I don't feel like people first is totally honest.

4678 Other Employee Reviews for EY (View Most Recent)

Ernst & Young is a challenging and dynamic place to work.

Current Employee - Advisory Staff in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Advisory Staff in New York, NY

I have been working at EY

Pros

The best reasons to work the EY are the people and the clients. Because you work for such a large firm, you have a chance to work on some of the biggest and best clients in the industry. The other great part about the firm is the people. The people at EY are some of the most dynamic and interesting individuals that I have worked with. In a lot of cases, individuals will have a wide array of backgrounds that bring different perspectives to the workplace. In a lot of firms such as EY, employees with just have accounting or finance degrees. I have noticed that the dynamic nature of EY is fed by the people with many different backgrounds.

Cons

The one major downside to working at EY is that due to the teaming aspect of the culture, it can be hard to stand out if you are at a lower level. I think that teaming is extremely important in the advisory field, however there are instances where it can hold back progress career-wise. Also, there is a lack of streamlined and relevant communications from leadership. Due to the fact that EY is a private partnership, there is little firm-wide discussion about financial results or general changes to leadership mentality. I think that this will be changing as the calls for transparency get louder and louder.

I would tell senior management that they need to review the way the promotions are done within the firm.

It is apparent he is dedicated to his job and cares about E&Y as a firm.

Current Employee - Transaction Advisory Services Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Transaction Advisory Services Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at EY

Pros

Flexibility, benefits, and ability to advance.

Cons

Demanding hours; unpredictability of schedule

Use "People First" as more than just a way to recruit young staff; actually practice "People First" on a day-to-day basis.

There are newer employer reviews for EY