There are newer employer reviews for EY

Overall a great work experience and stepping stone to other opportunities

Former Employee - Audit Senior in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Audit Senior in Irvine, CA

I worked at EY

Pros

Smart people and interesting clients. Generally pretty helpful in finding industries you are interested in working in.

Cons

Transparency. Senior leadership is less willing to say when they are balancing their work & life. They always want you to think they are working (24 hrs a day). This makes those at the lower level less willing to voice concerns about work/life balance

Be more transparent with work/life balance issues (personally).

reviews filtered by
  1. This is an Interested Place to be.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at EY

Pros

The peer group is the best part. When you go through so much together you develop lasting relationships.

Cons

You are part of a multi-billion dollar organization and therefore may not feel as important.

Good luck, and great job sticking it out.

2. So far so good

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at EY

Pros

The company has a lot of intelligent people who are willing to help you learn and progress in your career as well as provide mentorship beyond the office environment. They pay you well and allow you to work on your own time despite the long hours. There is a real chance to advance in your career and develop personally and mentally. I enjoy being a part of a finance team that is leading the way in our field and our industry as a whole. Overall I would say that my experience here has been positive because of my coworkers and boss.

Cons

the main downside is having to work excessive hours and the lack of work/life balance that the eomployees experience. From day one the demands are very high and it requires much of your life for several years, especially if you want to advance.

Focus more on your people and the balance between work and social life/family

There are newer employer reviews for EY