There are newer employer reviews for EY

Good place to start career

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at EY

Pros

* Good start for new graduate student
* Good salary for straight out of college
* Resume builder
* Learn a lot of new skills and have the opportunity to manage at a very young age.
* Focus on diversity and women's initative
* In a social setting year end as you work on big teams for most of your engagements.
* Get to work with coworkers in your age group
* You have the opportunity to move to different service lines and work in different cities.

Cons

* Very long hours througout the year
* No work/life balance
* Somtimes you feel unappreciated
* You fee like you are working at a sweatshop sometimes

Nothing

reviews filtered by
  1. No work-life balance

Current Employee - Tax Staff in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tax Staff in New York, NY

I have been working at EY

Pros

Ernst & Young is one of the top 4 accounting firms, so it's a good resume builder. I've had a lot of friends who were able to move onto great jobs because of their experience at E&Y. E&Y is also very big on training and spends a lot of time every year teaching its employees the concepts behind a lot of the work. They're also very supportive of test-taking like for the CPA.

Cons

There is no work-life balance. During busy season, I am here nearly 70 hrs or more a week. You are expected to come in at least one day of the weekend, if not both.

I also feel like the work gets monotonous after awhile. Half of the time, I'm not using my brain. There is also a very big sense of hierarchy here.

There should be a better practice or method of rewarding people for their hard work.

2. Fast track to burnout

Current Employee - Core Business Services in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Core Business Services in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at EY

Pros

The company is very flexible with work from home and time off processes, the benefits are good and the pay is pretty good as well. Also it looks very good on a resume to work for E&Y.

Cons

The goals as articulated are almost impossible to achieve, exceeding those goals is impossible. It is understood that in order to exceed you have to work overtime, but if you are an hourly employee overtime is not allowed due to budgetary constraints. Projects rarely are ever completed, they just morph and change so that you are working on the same project for months on end.

You are expecting fewer people to do as much or more. Please be patient.

There are newer employer reviews for EY