EY

www.ey.com
  www.ey.com
There are newer employer reviews for EY

This firm is going down..

Current Employee - Manager TAS in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Manager TAS in Houston, TX

I have been working at EY full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great manager and below people
Good name in the market
Good place to start a career

Cons

They are cutting costs: no plants in office, printing cards on printers now, small working space for senior and staffs, senior managers are 3 to 1 office. These things create a low moral in office and everyone thinks about getting to the next level and leave.
While PWC and Deloitte are buying other companies like Dimond, PRTM, market point etc. EY is hiring one off partners to thinking that these one offs will grow the business. They are investing more in audit and tax.
Quality of people is also going down. I referred someone from a top university and they said "he is too good for this place, he will leave us" The company is OK with being mediocre. We use to be much better than this.

Wake up... you are 48th in consulting ranking in Valut. You think that you guys are the best in the market place by picking and choosing the rankings you like to see. STOP BEING MEDIOCRE!! WITH THE HISTORY OF THIS BRAND WE DESERVE MUCH BETTER THAN THIS LEADERSHIP!!!

4827 Other Employee Reviews for EY (View Most Recent)

Excellent so far

Current Employee - Advisory Staff in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Advisory Staff in New York, NY

I have been working at EY full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people, smart, encouraging, lots of travel, chances for opportunities and growth, benefits are good. I've only just recently started working but I feel this place is a great opportunity for me.

Cons

The pay is fair, but not great. Work is interesting but not necessarily glamorous. There is a LOT of travel. 401k matching is just okay.

People and culture are great, but work is demanding like all consulting shops

Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at EY full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

More partners actually seem to care about the development and progression of managers / senior managers than I've seen at other firms. Obviously some are still indifferent, but overall there is a lot of support from partners / ED's to move around the firm in any direction that suits your interests / goals.

Cons

Hours are long, just like any other Big4 or big consulting shop. Also, as a manager or senior manager, you sometimes have to take what you can get when it comes to staff / seniors, and if they aren't solid performers, you have to pick up the slack, adding to an already heavy workload.

Generally stay on track - there is a lot of emphasis already on training and supporting people in their careers. Comp is a little low, but that maybe is the tradeoff in exchange for all of those firm funded development opportunities, reasonably generous expenses, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for EY