There are newer employer reviews for EY

Mixed but mostly positive first impression

Current Employee - Assurance Staff  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Assurance Staff in New York, NY

I have been working at EY full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Big name clients in NY FSO
-Prestigious Asset Management practice
-Emphasis on quality and risk in the audit practice
-Ability to work on variety of clients, from start up funds to global multinationals
-Opportunity to distinguish yourself and get involved in non-client work, such as affinity groups or extracurricular sports
-Opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and leadership roles right from the start (mostly applies to larger engagements)
-2 years to senior associate
-Friendly people and atmosphere for the most part
-NYC office is nice and well maintained
-Approachable and smart partners

Cons

-Though the "winning" culture tries to send a good message, it doesn't necessarily emphasize quality of work
-Not as diverse at the partner level as I would expect, even in the NY office
-Utilization goals are unrealistic given tight budgets and the amount of non-chargeable work we are expected to do at the Staff level
-Some personalities in the NY office are difficult

Get rid of the "old boys' club". Start being more transparent with employees. Use of the title "staff" is a little demeaning, especially considering the amount of grunt work staff have to do but never end up hitting the billable charge code. Keep the town halls and extracurricular funding, but be more realistic about utilization goals. These goals cause me to either a.) be inefficient during trough periods so that I have enough work to do to hit 40 hours or b.) decide between booking all hours during busy periods and break the budget, or eat hours and thus, not hit utilization goals. Keep on winning high profile clients, but make sure that the fee you're charging them is realistic to cover costs.

4524 Other Employee Reviews for EY (View Most Recent)

Fair employer with excellect growth opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Tax Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Tax Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at EY full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company actively supports their employees and provides significant opportunity for growth. Policies are very clear and prevent discrimination. Mutliple programs available to assist employees with personal life issues. The flexible work environment has been an asset.

Cons

Bonuses are few and far between. Annual bonuses are rarely given. Expect to receive very minimal bonuses outside of salary

Provide more frequent bonuses to employees even if they are minor. It helps to show that employees are appreciated for their work. Additionally, it would even out the playing field as other tax consulting firms over high bonus programs.

Nothing but good things to say about the people, culture and work environment.

Former Employee - Assurance Intern  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Assurance Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at EY as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed the People
    I enjoyed the Culture
    I enjoyed the Work Environment
    I enjoyed the follow Interns
    I enjoyed the interactions with management

Cons

Audit work became functionally repetitive.

There are newer employer reviews for EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!