EY

www.ey.com

Healthcare Practice

Advisory Staff II (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people, interesting projects, decent pay, ability to work n multi-disciplinary teams. The healthcare practice is thriving and there is a fair amount of growth opportunity. Culture is amazing! Offers many learning opportunities and education weeks twice a year.

I have been fortunate in being able to choose my projects due to multiple senior managers and managers wanting me on team and my practice area is specialized. Opportunities there if you take advantage. Career can be what you make it.

People care about you as a person. Noticeable increase of firm pushing work/life balance. 15 years on best places to work for list. It's true, EY is a great place.

Change in year-end review process will allow majority of employees to get bonus rather than old system where only the 5 ratings (1-5) would split the bonus pool dollars.

Firm leadership decision making is transparent and disseminated to practice.

ConsOld systems that leads to administrative burdens. Difficult at times to get 'permission' to pitch potential clients due to audit and independence rules.

Hiring of people one or two levels above you because they are older and have industry experience, could lead into a more cut-throat culture as there would be fewer opportunities for advancement.

Some clients. Haha

Advice to Senior ManagementMore needs to be done to distinguish healthcare advisory. People confuse us with the audit arm. Even at the client! Go to www.ey.com and look for healthcare...it's not easy to locate. Stop using Lotus notes!

A culture of learning, development, teaming, partnership, empathy, and caring ..

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at EY full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Professional development, multiple career options, smart people to work with, competitive… Cons: - There really are not any cons, although you do need to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Steady work, pay could be better.

I have been working at EY full-time

Pros: Good people to work with, respect in the field Cons: Hours are just plain awful Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on EY.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!