Healthcare Practice

Current Employee - Advisory Staff II in New York, NY
Current Employee - Advisory Staff II in New York, NY

I have been working at EY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people, interesting projects, decent pay, ability to work n multi-disciplinary teams. The healthcare practice is thriving and there is a fair amount of growth opportunity. Culture is amazing! Offers many learning opportunities and education weeks twice a year. I have been fortunate in being able to choose my projects due to multiple senior managers and managers wanting me on team and my practice area is specialized. Opportunities there if you take advantage. Career can be what you make it. People care about you as a person. Noticeable increase of firm pushing work/life balance. 15 years on best places to work for list. It's true, EY is a great place. Change in year-end review process will allow majority of employees to get bonus rather than old system where only the 5 ratings (1-5) would split the bonus pool dollars. Firm leadership decision making is transparent and disseminated to practice.

Cons

Old systems that leads to administrative burdens. Difficult at times to get 'permission' to pitch potential clients due to audit and independence rules. Hiring of people one or two levels above you because they are older and have industry experience, could lead into a more cut-throat culture as there would be fewer opportunities for advancement. Some clients. Haha

Advice to Management

More needs to be done to distinguish healthcare advisory. People confuse us with the audit arm. Even at the client! Go to www.ey.com and look for healthcare...it's not easy to locate. Stop using Lotus notes!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Web editor for ey.com

Former Employee - Digital Content Strategist in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Digital Content Strategist in Cleveland, OH

I worked at EY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had a great leader once I got on the editorial team

Cons

the firm is so slow to adapt. Even in 2011 they weren'table to embrace and charge ahead with a solid digital strategy and clung to print. There is also too many remote employees and international teams which makes communication and collaboration hard.

Advice to Management

Coordinate teams' work from home days.

2. Love the people

I have been working at EY

Pros

Great people to work with. Most of your co-workers are young professionals. You will become great friends with you start class. Also, the company does a great job of on the job training as well as CPE classes.

Cons

Heavy work load during busy season.

Advice to Management

Encourage associates to stick it out.