There are newer employer reviews for EY

Healthcare Practice

Current Employee - Advisory Staff II in New York, NY
Current Employee - Advisory Staff II in New York, NY

I have been working at EY full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people, interesting projects, decent pay, ability to work n multi-disciplinary teams. The healthcare practice is thriving and there is a fair amount of growth opportunity. Culture is amazing! Offers many learning opportunities and education weeks twice a year.

I have been fortunate in being able to choose my projects due to multiple senior managers and managers wanting me on team and my practice area is specialized. Opportunities there if you take advantage. Career can be what you make it.

People care about you as a person. Noticeable increase of firm pushing work/life balance. 15 years on best places to work for list. It's true, EY is a great place.

Change in year-end review process will allow majority of employees to get bonus rather than old system where only the 5 ratings (1-5) would split the bonus pool dollars.

Firm leadership decision making is transparent and disseminated to practice.

Cons

Old systems that leads to administrative burdens. Difficult at times to get 'permission' to pitch potential clients due to audit and independence rules.

Hiring of people one or two levels above you because they are older and have industry experience, could lead into a more cut-throat culture as there would be fewer opportunities for advancement.

Some clients. Haha

More needs to be done to distinguish healthcare advisory. People confuse us with the audit arm. Even at the client! Go to www.ey.com and look for healthcare...it's not easy to locate. Stop using Lotus notes!

reviews filtered by
  1. A culture of learning, development, teaming, partnership, empathy, and caring ..

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at EY full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Professional development, multiple career options, smart people to work with, competitive compensation, global opportunities, great brand, ethical
    - Both People focused and client focused

Cons

- There really are not any cons, although you do need to work hard and deliver your best
    - Travel for some could be difficult

Worst company I have ever worked for due to Horrible Partners

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at EY full-time (more than a year)

Pros

To have a"Big Four" company on your resume.

Cons

Partners only want you to think they care about you but they could not care less. I spent a large amount of time on the road with a huge amount of staff and the partners only did their cameo appearance for their so called troops once in a while. What made it worse is that they throw their own senior managers under the bus when bad apples complain about long working hours and then turn around and ask the Senior Managers why client targets were not met. The Partners don't even give their Senior Managers a chance to respond to accusations and just decides to make changes without worrying about outcomes. I have worked for a number of different companies in my time and don't know of a worse company than E&Y. The average time that managers and senior managers last is under 2 years because HR lies and tells everyone who joins that bonuses are in the neighborhood of 10%. What they don't tell you is that only a small % of people actually get a bonus. If you do want to try consulting, go with one of the other 3 like Deliotte, PWC or KPMG as I can't imagine any of them being than E&Y and managers and Senior Managers seem to stay longer there which most likely mean they treat their people better. Partners treat their people as expendable commodites to be tossed aside like garbage when they are done with you. Stay far away!!!

Stop lying to new hires and tell them that only a small handful of folks actually get bonuses rather than implying that everyone gets one.

There are newer employer reviews for EY