EY

There are newer employer reviews for EY

Wins "Best Place to Work" awards for good reasons

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at EY

Pros

They expect a lot, but they also give a lot in return. It's a high performance place that rewards hard work, enthusiasm and people with initiative. The environment is very collaborative and team oriented. It's wonderful to work in a place where I respect and admire my peers and my managers.

Cons

Different practices have different sub-cultures, depending on the practice leaders. None are necessarily bad, but they may not always be the right fit. Try to figure out what you're getting in to. Also, there is a very subtle, unofficial hierarchy: client servers tend to look down on "support" personnel.

Keep up the good work. Thanks for communicating regularly.

4926 Other Employee Reviews for EY (View Most Recent)

EY Insider

Former Employee - TSRS Senior in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - TSRS Senior in Chicago, IL

I worked at EY

Pros

- 7-8% yearly pay raise if you are a solid performer.
     - Lots of resources and guidance for learning and development

Cons

- Leadership does not address employee issues as reflected within the annual survey's.
     - Extremely sales oriented
     - Compensation is no where near the amount of effort that you put in

- Pay your employees well and you will retain the best talent. The key in any organization should be to keep its employees motivated and everything else will come along.

Ernst & Young - depends on which area you work in.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at EY

Pros

Ernst & Young has a good reputation which helps in the job search. The client serving side is probably much sharper than the back-end support because performance can be effectively judged.

Cons

Ernst & Young has a two track system and those on the support side and not on partner track are definitely second class citizens.

I think Turley has the right idea but some of senior management are very hierarchical and don't communicate with lesser beings or only with a few favorites. Means they don't really know what's going on. The hierarchical culture means that people are afraid to speak up.

There are newer employer reviews for EY