EY
3.6 of 5 3,786 reviews
www.ey.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Awesome place to work - if you know what you're getting into.

Manager, Advisory Services (Current Employee)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmart, hard working people. Lots of variety and a lot of different directions to take your career. The caveat is that you have to be smart and hard working as well; some people definitely can't keep up and there is no place for them; the get "counseled out".

There is enough demand to hold on to talent that you generally get asked what you want to work on, vs. being told and getting stuck on crappy clients. The obvious exception is that if you've demonstrated a lack of talent; prior to being counseled out, you generally get stuck on terrible engagements because nobody wants to work with you (because their 60 hr weeks turn into 80 hr weeks, for having to pick up your slack).

ConsTechnology is fragmented, and sucks quite frankly. It's (slowly) getting better, e.g. I'm seeing more web based tools instead of crappy macro infested spreadsheets.

Comp is lower than other Big4, and generally lower than corporate exit ops. Work/life usually sucks, despite the cheery words, although leadership seems to genuinely care and make an effort to alleviate that stress. I see my fair share of spot bonuses, steak dinners, and team outings.

In order to earn higher than average ratings, you can't just excel at your work - you can earn 4s / 5s on your client work, and still earn a 3 rating if you don't participate in recruiting events, don't make sales, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more - it should be no surprise that you're hemorrhaging people. I know the business model is adapted to a fairly high rate, but I'm quite certain it's far above average at the moment.

Competitve collegues

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at EY

Pros: You always work with smart people who push you above… Cons: You have to stay very competitive to stay in the… More

Sr. Manager - Advisory Services

Senior Manager - Advisory Services (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at EY full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Really bright people all over the world and collaborate really well together. Good vacation… Cons: Lots of in-fighting and can be cut throat as the director level and partner levels. If you are female, gay, non-white and have any disorder… Advice to Senior Management: Stop believing your own lies! More

There are newer reviews on EY.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EY CEO Mark Weinberger. All reviews posted anonymously by EY employees.