EY
3.6 of 5 3,796 reviews
www.ey.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Flexibility

Tax Accountant (Current Employee)

I have been working at EY full-time

ProsI am on the tax side so these are observations for EY's tax culture.

The Flexibility is something I am grateful for. Some examples of Flexibility are: 1) being able to work remotely when needed, 2) being able to go to the doctors appointment without having an approval. You make your schedule (within reason) as long as you get your work done.

There is Very minimal micromanagement as long as you get your work done. Flexibility and minimal micromanagement are the top two things I've been able to distinguish EY from other Big 4 firms.

Travel opportunities to Argentina and India in your third year and beyond.

Huge professional networks (but all big 4 probably has that)

ConsThere is a lack of coaching so you would have to be proactive and take your own initiative to learn or get someone to care to coach.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the flexible and minimal micromanagement culture! More coaching would be helpful.

Fun, Enriching

Staff Consultant (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at EY full-time for less than a year

Pros: People, especially peers are great and fun. Lots of mentorship. Cons: Sometimes hectic and crappy work at lower ranks Advice to Senior Management: NA Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Wonderful company, great working environment

Supervising Associate (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at EY full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Working with highly talented and skilled co-workers who all want to do a good job. Having modern technology and a flexible workspace where you… Cons: Very high demands on you, be ready to provide 100% everyday. Not a place where slackers can get promoted. Like many companies work life can… Advice to Senior Management: Don't cut costs on occupancy expenses, while we like flexibility and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on EY.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EY CEO Mark Weinberger. All reviews posted anonymously by EY employees.