There are newer employer reviews for EY

E&Y is a little better than o.k.

Current Employee - Tax Staff  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Tax Staff in Dallas, TX

I have been working at EY

Pros

I guess the flexibility when it comes to balancing your personal life with your work.

Cons

Sometimes rules are bend to accommodate some people for promotions and such.

Stop playing office politics!

4445 Other Employee Reviews for EY (View Most Recent)

Excellent firm

Current Employee - Senior Advisor  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Advisor in New York, NY

I have been working at EY

Pros

EY is an outstanding firm that gives all of its employees plenty of opportunities within the firm and outside of the firm if they chose to leave

Cons

long hours and depending on your practice travel

higher salaries in New York

Ernst & Young is a great place to start your career as an accountant

Current Employee - Manager, Transaction Support  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager, Transaction Support in New York, NY

I have been working at EY

Pros

The learnings opportunities at a staff-manager level for an accounting graduate are unmatched. Pay is lower than others in the Big 4; however, the atmosphere of your day to day will be much happier. The current atmosphere of the firm attacks people who want a more balanced work-life compared to other Big 4 that offer higher salaries.

Cons

The compensation is not in-line with an employee's contributions. The firm has a lot of policies that promote flexibility and advancement, but this is a business and runs like all other businesses. These policies only come into play when it is convenient for the employer. I completely understand and agree with why this is the case. However, constantly talking about how great we are and how many wonderful things we offer does not change the fact. I would prefer the firm spot touting itself and spend the effort on truly improving policies instead of contantly praising the current ones. I do not believe the policies set E&Y apart from any other employer.

The pay structure at the firm promotes mediocrity. There is no incentive to do a better job than your peers or anything more than achieving an effective rating. The firm considers everyone a high performer. It is an unwritten rule that no possibility exists that some employees perform better than others. The philosphy that everyone is a winner is not always true.

There are newer employer reviews for EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!