EY

There are newer employer reviews for EY

My home for 8 years

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at EY full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I speak from the OSS side of life: The people. People with hearts and laughter. I can see why employees stay for so long. The friends I've made throughout the years have been some of the greatest people I cannot forget. Boomerangs should not be afraid of going back. The real world is hard when it comes to organization skills. Yes there were some growing pains when I left, but I left on good terms. I really miss my co-workers and all the support they've given me for all those years. I felt like I could spread my wings and fly with another company but so far I haven't met a company as great. I learned a lot after 8 years. The soft skills you learn from this company could never be matched. My writing style, email etiquette and 7 habit skills are developmental habits I use to this day. Can you mention another company that will give you a pension for years of service? My heart will always believe in the saying "Quality in everything we do."

Cons

It was a while but I worked my way up the ranks. I hold some regrets but after 2 years I've learned that everything has to change for a company to keep up with the times. The clients we worked with were demanding but I understand how much pressure they were under. Some of the first years would be abusive walking into the company. They need to be a little more humble. Partners were 50/50 reasonable. Some were out right abusive to both staff, support staff and seniors. I'll never understand them.

Show how much you care for the people that work for you. Just mentioning names made us want to work harder. Compensate better by releasing more "4" ratings. I also wish there was another level above Senior.

5079 Other Employee Reviews for EY (View Most Recent)

Flexibility of EY

I have been working at EY

Pros

EY really encourages its employees to ask for what he/she wants. If one wants to relocate to another office, all one have to do is to put int the request. If one wants to change practice all one have to do is ask. Because of the flexibility of the firm, every employee are able to explore different parts of the firm's practice arms if one asks for it.

Cons

In order to be able to explore different options of the firm, one must earn the respect of his/her peers and supervisors. This requires the employee to work at least one or two busy season before he/she "earns the respect."

Great Company. Friendly and Professional. Lots of red tape. Overworked despite focus on work-life balance.

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at EY full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Company. Very Diverse. Great people. Lots of activites to get invovled with. Company sponsored charity day. Venturing into new and cutting edge technology. Lots of things going on in IT. Can learn a lot. Great for starting out. Great Benefits. Telecommuting and flex schedules are an option. Little to no micro-managing.

Cons

Despite the telecommuting and flex schedule, everyone is overworked and has too much on their plate. This negates the whole focus on work-life balance. Can easily get burned out after spending weeks with little sleep. Lots of red tape to get things done.

Evaluate work load being put on employees and balance out. Evaluate processes in place and streamline where possible. Be careful not to let process get in the way of progress when it's not necessary.

There are newer employer reviews for EY