There are newer employer reviews for EY

Getting better at work life balance, but still a ways to goo

Former Employee - Audit Manager  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Audit Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at EY full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Experience with different areas, and life long friends made

Cons

Unrealistic expectations to complete certain audits.

You were all staff once. Try to remember what is was like.

4474 Other Employee Reviews for EY (View Most Recent)

Tons of experience acquired at the cost of having no life and being miserable all the time.

Current Employee - Audit Senior  in  New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Audit Senior in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at EY full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's all young people who for the most part are all very intelligent and motivated. You move up quickly and are always given as much responsibility as you can handle, and then a bit more.

Cons

Hours are horrendous, and if you are in a smaller to mid-size market where there are a lot of private clients then your busy season extends into May. Corporate bureaucracy mindset makes it impossible for even your partners to compensate you with anything extra for your efforts. Rating process caters to people with easier clients/managers. I could really go on all day.

Know that you hired people who all went to business school. Translation: everything we've done up to this point in our life was for the purpose of making money and we don't really care about the free intangibles that you're so heavily focused on instead (e.g. sub-area recognition awards for the 0.1% of people who receive them, the coin system, etc.). We're adults. We yearn for adult things.

Procedures and discretionary evaluation

Former Employee - Senior
    Former Employee - Senior

I worked at EY full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You have to grow in terms of competence and capability to make decisions and take responsibility.

Cons

No work-life balance or flexibility; It's more important to stay in office till night instead of deliver a good output. There's no culture of quantitative performance management, so most of the evaluation depends on your "feeling" with the boss. Your grow it's only up to you, there's no facilitation, often you can't attend courses or you aren't invited to courses because the first goal it's business, not your development. There's a procedure for everyything.

To clearly define goals, KPI and better evaluate workloads and contributions of each team member.

There are newer employer reviews for EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!