There are newer employer reviews for EY

Getting better at work life balance, but still a ways to goo

Former Employee - Audit Manager in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Audit Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at EY full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Experience with different areas, and life long friends made

Cons

Unrealistic expectations to complete certain audits.

You were all staff once. Try to remember what is was like.

4642 Other Employee Reviews for EY (View Most Recent)

Big-4 Consulting Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at EY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good coworkers and resources; learned some new client business and consulting tools. I enjoyed company-wide training events and networking.

Cons

Mismatched projects; absentee leadership - hiring process does not capture candidate strengths nor gives a good picture of what the work is.

Give up on analytics and just focus on IT transformation consulting.

Tons of experience acquired at the cost of having no life and being miserable all the time.

Current Employee - Audit Senior in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Audit Senior in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at EY full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's all young people who for the most part are all very intelligent and motivated. You move up quickly and are always given as much responsibility as you can handle, and then a bit more.

Cons

Hours are horrendous, and if you are in a smaller to mid-size market where there are a lot of private clients then your busy season extends into May. Corporate bureaucracy mindset makes it impossible for even your partners to compensate you with anything extra for your efforts. Rating process caters to people with easier clients/managers. I could really go on all day.

Know that you hired people who all went to business school. Translation: everything we've done up to this point in our life was for the purpose of making money and we don't really care about the free intangibles that you're so heavily focused on instead (e.g. sub-area recognition awards for the 0.1% of people who receive them, the coin system, etc.). We're adults. We yearn for adult things.

There are newer employer reviews for EY