EY

There are newer employer reviews for EY

Overall great first job

Current Employee - Recruiting Operations Administrator in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Recruiting Operations Administrator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at EY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

EY is a strong, stable company. Yes, work/life balance may be a challenge at times, but I am always proud to say that I work for this firm. I believe EY truly cares about its people, and the culture is overall very positive and inclusive. If you work hard and have a positive outlook, your efforts will be rewarded and/or recognized. As an entry level employee, I am consistently treated with respect by coworkers of all levels.

Cons

Long hours, heavy work load, environment can feel overly competitve at times.

4926 Other Employee Reviews for EY (View Most Recent)

Good people to work with

Current Employee - Advisory Senior in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Advisory Senior in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at EY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

EY hires great people. They are focused on bringing in talent, promote a "teaming" culture, and encourage stretch goals and professional development. The people I've worked with have all been very smart, hard working and fun! The projects offer you a variety of opportunities. You'll never be bored!

Cons

Merit Increases and Performance Based Bonuses are disappointing. You can work your butt off, but if your utilization (aka billable hours) is too low, even if this is out of your control, your compensation won't be appropriately adjusted. Being on the road 100% of the time is tough. Having to travel long hours on top of working long hours takes a significant toll on work-life balance.

Improve the performance management process. Don't focus as much on hours. Focus more on quality work. Encourage more of a work-life balance and create a culture where people don't have to be on call 24/7 and rarely get to take time off.

Tax manager - lots of great experiences, pay and bonuses aren't anything to write home about.

Current Employee - Tax Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at EY full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In this environment you have an opportunity to learn a lot and be exposed to a multitude of issues you wouldn't otherwise experience in industry. EY has a large number of extremely knowledgeable professionals who you can learn from. Have met some really great people while at this firm.

Cons

Like any other consulting firm expect to work very long hours and not get much thanks for it. Bonuses are a joke, even though they rolled out a new program. Real value you will get here is experience, not $$$.

There are newer employer reviews for EY