E & Y

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at EY

Pros

The people you work with.

Cons

The schedule is demanding and your acheivements are often lost.

Advice to Management

Reward Employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Working at E&Y a Great Lesson in What Large Corporations Value

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at EY

Pros

Increased networking opportunities Working for a Big Four firm positive on resume Teaches object lesson in importance and value of due diligence in employment decisions Large companies don't necessarily have the lock on opportunity for growth and development

Cons

Disconnect of management from staff. Limited growth opportunities unless you are of the privileged and annointed few who have been blessed by partners and managers. Mindset of management toward staff is exclusively narrow in their focus. Opportunities for growth and development limited unless you belong to the annointed group so appointed by partners and managers. Managers have not been properly trained and are not knowledgeable about major functions of the engagement teams. However, these same managers continuously look for opportunities to accuse staff for their sub standard knowledge and skills instead of accepting accountability. Hard work and effort goes unrecognized. Management is blatantly condescending and patronizing, subjective in their assessments with narrow mindsets regarding status, culture, race, and religion. Because of the aforementioned items a lack of trust, respect and integrity to principle is the working environment of the day.

Advice to Management

Ethics and diversity training that has real substance is in dire need at the management level. Staff emulate management in their quest to climb the corporate ladder. Thus, accountability to ethical and moral principles that is demonstrated by management's addressing these needs in tangible ways that affect managers, financially or in the form of career advancement or lack thereof. It is so tiring and disingenious to hear the ethics and diversity propoganda when the general work environment never changes and management is not made accountable. If management really has no real intention to address these issues, silence on these issues would be preferred than the constant rhetoric and lip service to these issues that is so completely and utterly annoying to hear without meaningful results that change the work environment.

2. It is fine for Public

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Stamford, CT

I have been working at EY

Pros

I have been at EY ffor 4 years and loved my independence and flexibility so far. I also relaly like my teams and people I work with. I do believe that Ey is better Public than others though. My advise, start in Public, the resume with public names works the best!

Cons

The hardest thing so far has been my work life balance, it is always too much work and responsibilities. The expectations are always high and we are always expected to be logged in 24/7, very hard to do.

Advice to Management

They need to implement less weekend culture and make sure people do not get burned out. Good people always get punished, because we always get more and more work and never get breaks.