There are newer employer reviews for EY

Satisfying, except for excessive infrastructure

Former Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY
Former Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

I worked at EY

Pros

Working with intelligent people. Good quality and depth of resources.

Cons

Structure changed too often. Company more focused on process than content, especially when it came to marketing.

Don't be in love with internal processes. Be more client focused.

reviews filtered by

Great opprtunity to be at the forefront of a growing Advisory practice

Current Employee - Advisory Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Advisory Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at EY

Pros

Excellent Brand, great client base, excellent opportunity to work globally. Focus on people is strong given the nature of consulting

Cons

Can be a challenge to create and sustain a network which is crucial. Overwhelming number of initiatives/ out of hours

Try to continue to maintain the foruson people especially as the firm grows at such a pasce. As we grow try to minimize the administrative overhead so we can keep our focus on the client

Fulfilling, challenging and fast-paced

Former Employee - Advisory Senior in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Advisory Senior in Boston, MA

I worked at EY

Pros

The people are incredibly talented and the opportunity for varied work is endless. I spent time at a variety of clients in the Northeast and had customer-facing experience from the get-go. Salary and benefits are competitive and flexibility for outside projects is readily available (within reason). I don't think I could have gone to another industry and gotten as much responsibility and experience so early on. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity work there right out of college. It's a wonderful place to start a career.

Cons

While work-life balance is the ultimate goal, you are ultimately at the mercy of project deadlines. Late nights, weekends and last minute fire drills (even ones that could have been easily prevented) are numerous. A good team is key and with limited resources, you don't typically have a choice in picking who you work for. If you are on the compliance side of engagement work, you might have a more routine lifestyle but more mundane work. The more exciting work will most likely have you traveling and working very long hours. There are constant trade-offs. Masters degrees outside Accounting are not generally monetarily-supported either and for those of us looking to pursue MBAs, we generally have to choose between a part-time degree with little to no outside life for 3 years (since between long hours at work and evening/weekend classes, it's hard to have a balanced personal life) or leaving the company altogether to pursue a full-time program.

Find a way to sponsor MBAs, even partially. Your turnover will be significantly reduced and you'll not only retain the talent you've invested thousands of dollars in training, you'll make the company more attractive to the talent that you'll need to continue building out your Advisory business.

There are newer employer reviews for EY