Happy at E&Y

Current Employee - Tax Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Tax Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at EY

Pros

E&Y is a great place to work. You can really build a great career and pursue your interests at E&Y with support from management. E&Y recognizes strong performances and works hard to retain the best people. E&Y probably has the best entreprenurial culture of the Big 4 and allows its professionals all the latitude they need to build their own path and succeed.

Cons

Basic long hours of public accounting are a hassle, of course, but E&Y provides a great deal of flexibility to its professionals to work hard and still manage life outside of work.

Continue to keep quality standards high and don't lower the bar for expectations of staff no matter what PwC or the other firms are doing to try to get on the best places to work list. We already do it right.

Other Reviews for EY

Fair & Flexible

Current Employee - Tax Staff  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Tax Staff in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at EY

Pros

The allow me flexibility to be with my family. I can come and go as I please as long as I get in the hours and get the job done at the end of the day. Most managers are down to earth and want to help you succeed.

Cons

You can work some long hours during your busy season. The office is very quiet and not much socializing during they day. There are also some very competitive people looking out for only themselves.

I would like more guidance on how to get ahead. Also, what do they look for when they decide on salaries and promotions.

Be prepared to work!

Former Employee - Audit Staff  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Audit Staff in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at EY

Pros

Great reputation. Big 4 experience goes a long way.

Cons

Extremely long hours. Be prepared to not have a life during busy season, but that is typical in public accounting.

Stand by your policy of worklife balance.

There are newer employer reviews for EY.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!