There are newer employer reviews for Eagle Applied Sciences

DOD Contracting at its WORST....

Current Employee - Computer Services in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Computer Services in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Compensation is above average, Benefits are top notch/cost effective

Cons

Management is clueless on how to run an effective "growth" oriented organization. They neglect their most important assest = employees. Too much double-standard treatments for employees; employees that should be terminated are retained in order to fill a vacant DOD contracting position. Extremely inefficient hiring practices - some people are just "hired off the street" without checking backgrounds or historical work performance. Instead of addressing "specific" employee issues, they send down a blanket mandate policy to PUNISH everyone for letting the individual continue with poor work habits - yet another example of the incompetent leadership.

Advice to Management

If you don't pay attention to what your most important asset(s) are telling you in regards to potential "problems" - you will be doomed. Instead of worring about filling the next slot, worry about filling the slot with "quality" not quantity....the DOD will soon catch on that you are just "filling" billable slots and decide to award zero contracts. Also, too much dead weight at the corporate office - tired of you taking MY bonus money just to have a "new" plant in your new office.

Other Employee Reviews for Eagle Applied Sciences

1. The Best Company That I Worked For

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asia (Colombia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asia (Colombia)

I worked at Eagle Applied Sciences full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. A very excellent salary. I am an overseas contractor who works with the U.S. military and salary-wise, Eagle Applied Sciences, LLC vastly beat the company that had the contract prior to Eagle and the company that had the contract after Eagle. 2. A better 401k plan 3. A better continuing education benefits package 4. Program managers who cared about their employees.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. Even though the time difference between where I worked and the States was great, I always got a reply to an e-mail very quickly. (Even thought it was nighttime in the states when I sent many of my e-mails, my Program Managers oftentimes replied within minutes.) When the tsunami hit Japan, my Program Manager frequently contacted me and the other contractors who worked for Eagle to ask how we were doing and to assure us that if need be, Eagle would get us out of the country ASAP. Other contractors who worked for other companies complained that their e-mails were not answered and that their companies didn't seem to care about them. And, working overseas, managerial support is almost crucial.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

2. Data Entry Clerk

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Eagle Applied Sciences (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed working for E.A.S. as they were very professional and managed everything in a timely manner.

Cons

Contracted job rather than a full time job is my only negative.