Earth Fare

www.earthfare.com
  www.earthfare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Earth Fare

From the Zellwegger line in "Jerry Maguire," "I love it for the company it want's to be and almost is."

I have been working at Earth Fare

Pros

The customers (and their stories) who are ALL trying to do something better with their lives. The 20% employee discount on some pretty phenomenal products. The compactness of the management hierarchy. The fact that top management can be right beside you slinging product, and the resulting open-ness of communication. The active solicitation of employee ideas to better the company. The expansion and resulting opportunity. The coworkers. The underemployed coworkers that you can learn all sorts of foodie stuff from. The wide-eyed faces of the children, of all ages, discovering, many for the first time, the range, diversity, and benefits in/of the world of organic products.

I am not a shill. I just like what this company is about, and what it could be.

Cons

The underemployed coworkers. The unchecked and seemingly clubby or clique-y low-level management style of a small company (net negative). Upper management failure to walk the walk (cloistered or something, I can't figure it out). Purely random, changeable, and short (or NO) notice scheduling (Very bizarre). Changeable and competing job responsibilities. Incredibly high employee turnover. A near complete disregard for part-timers' (even long-term PTs) needs or even to be considered as contributors to corporate goals (zero bene's).

Get out to the stores more often. Listen to the troops. Treat PT-ers as contributors to the success of the mission, not just as "bodies." ALL Earth Fare employees come there from and with a singular purpose (to help people). That brings so much expertise to the mix that other stores don't have. Build on that.

127 Other Employee Reviews for Earth Fare (View Most Recent)

Could be worse, but does not live up to expectations.

I have been working at Earth Fare

Pros

The majority of the employees genuinely care about the message our company has. The employees make working here worth it. A lot of people are changing the way they thing about eating because of our store.

Cons

The management doesn't strive to uphold every bit of our declaration, and the employees aren't treated with as much respect as they deserve.

Change the way you think about people. The employees are not just employees and the customers are not just dollar signs. Go back to the founding principals we started on.

Engaging

I have been working at Earth Fare

Pros

The best things are benefits, pay, and lifestyle

Cons

Usually have to relocate to get promoted for management opportunites

There are newer employer reviews for Earth Fare