There are newer employer reviews for Earth Fare

There are far worse places to work, but Earth Fare barely lives up to its promise.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Earth Fare part-time

Pros

These stores were founded on some great ideas. The employee discount and incentives are a nice touch for part time workers, and for the most part, the individuals employed at the store I worked at were positive people with a genuine interest and knowledge of their work.

Cons

Besides the usual drama that most jobs seem to share, the management was awful. Team members were not trained properly if at all before being dumped on their own, there was almost no communication between departments, and upper management in general had a certain air of uncaring.

Advice to Management

Communicate better. Train better. And at least try to care about the work you do and the people who do it for you.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Learn how to treat people.

Former Employee - Specialty Manager in Noblesville, IN
    Former Employee - Specialty Manager in Noblesville, IN

I worked at Earth Fare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good discounts on groceries 20% off

Cons

Why have a tuition reimbursement program when you can’t request a day off to go to class. I was full time and was told when you’re full time that you have to have 100% availability and they would not work around my school schedule anymore. the pay is low and your hours will be cut if they do not like you .

Advice to Management

Why has a tuition reimbursement program when you can’t request a day off to go to class? Work with your employees if they are going to school to better themselves and maybe the company. There is not good communication in the store everyone wants to blame someone else and noting seems to get done. You need to learn how to treat people and act like you care.

Good and educational...........at first.

Current Employee - Cook in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Cook in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Earth Fare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have found some of my best friends working for this company. They pay can be flexible based on your experience. 20% discount card on groceries. After one year a weeks paid vacation. For every forty hours you work you receive one sick hour.

Cons

Very bad communication. There would be coupons for free items and the way we would find out is from customers not managers. Favoritism is a huge problem. It is also alot harder to advance through the company then they let on. Half of employees bust ass to get things done while the other half slacks and does the bare minimum. The recent changes in the food service department have caused a huge drop in customers. Policies are changed way too frequently. Alot of employees are over qualified with multiple degrees including masters and phds and are stuck stocking groceries.

Advice to Management

listen to your employees and communicate better!