Good People, Horrible Pay

I have been working at Earth Fare part-time

Pros

Coworkers have become the best people Ive ever worked with, good discount, learn something new everyday

Cons

They can afford to pay you more, but dont. Upper management has poor communication, partake in favoritism and hearsay. You are not rewarded for good behavior and are written up immediately if the your customer interaction even seems a tad off.

Advice to Management

Provide more upward mobility, introduce employee reviews, HIGHER PAY

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Have seen lives ruined

I worked at Earth Fare (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great employees, casual dress code, good product. . .

Cons

I worked at Earth Fare for a number of years, and find the communication to be completely skewed. I have made many friends there, and have seen every one of them screwed over and/or dissatisfied. Corporate is always coming up with new and "innovative" ideas that reveal they have never actually had hands-on grocery experience. Employees are expected to live up to unrealistic standards, especially considering the rate they are paid, and the hours that are permitted to a department. Everyone I've known to work there, including myself, has been lied to, beaten down and bullied. Do not recommend.

Advice to Management

Try treating your employees with respect. Try to understand your demographic.

Stressful, disheartening, disappointed.

Current Employee - Food Service Manager
    Current Employee - Food Service Manager

I have been working at Earth Fare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

20% discount, great employees, health benefits

Cons

Lack of training, poorly treated by upper management. Home office claims they are hear for the employees, but sadly they are not. I love food, and the concept that was told to me about earth fare. However, they decided to change to something that is not very earth fare. Premade food, wasteful packaging , and extreme micro managing. Constantly in fear of losing my job. Produce some of the best numbers and food in the company, and still receive a daily butt chewing. Hours cut to nothing, can't appropriately run the department and make customers happy. If your not kissing someone's butt in upper mgmt don't expect to move up. Marketing runs food service , and they.know nothing about food, nor do they care about the food.

Advice to Management

Find great managers. Listen and care about the feed back, we are the ones working it day in and day out.