Earth Resources Technology, Inc.

www.ertcorp.com

Small woman-owned company OK to work for, could use improvement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Silver Spring, MD

ProsThey have contracts at cool government agencies. That means that for lunch, instead of sitting at your desk, or going out, you can take a brown bag lunch to, say, the NOAA science center and hear scientists lecturing on their field of expertise. Or go watch a slide show on excavating around the Titantic.

As a small company, you'd be in at the ground floor as they grow. I don't know what that means in terms of ERT employees but it worked out well for the folks ho worked at Microsoft back in the early 90s.

That's all I can come up with for now.

ConsThere's one choice for health insurance for most people, and it's not an HMO. It's not the best health insurance in the world, either. Particularly in terms of prescription coverage where you can end up paying $5000 annually just in deductibles for prescriptions. All the other benefits are pretty much standard for a company this size.

There aren't a lot of occasions where the whole company gathers. We had a picnic but it had little to recommend it in terms of giveaways and amenities (i.e. the food was standard cookout food, no crabs, and it was held in a county park, not a private picnic park or someplace with a pool). We don't get little freebies like mugs, lanyards, etc. and suffice to say if they balk at lanyards, good luck with getting a bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou say we're all in this together but the higher you are in Senior Management, the better the company likes you. How about stroking the egos of the rank and file by distributing any bonuses not by percentage (the rich get richer) but a flat rate for all employees? And most of your employees at a site identify more with whatever agency they're with than ERT. How about something that would make employees identify more with the company? We don't have the job security of the Feds we work alongside of, how about better money or benefits to make up for it?

Well run company for federal contractors.

Contractor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: -contracts seem to always get reviewed -bonuses for getting something published or outstanding work -$5000/year toward continuing education -annual… Cons: -very expensive health insurance for families ($5000+/year) -comparatively low pay to federal employees -can sometimes feel "out of the loop"… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great People, promisign company

I have been working at Earth Resources Technology, Inc.

Pros: The people are wonderful, schedule is somewhat flexible Cons: finding work can be difficult at times More

There are newer reviews on Earth Resources Technology, Inc..

Worked for Earth Resources Technology, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!