Well run company for federal contractors.

Current Employee - Contractor
Current Employee - Contractor

I have been working at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

-contracts seem to always get reviewed
-bonuses for getting something published or outstanding work
-$5000/year toward continuing education
-annual picnic
-company awards (some come with a bonus)
-not much red tape
-annual reviews
-3% 401(k) company match right away

Cons

-very expensive health insurance for families ($5000+/year)
-comparatively low pay to federal employees
-can sometimes feel "out of the loop" if you work away from main office
-high project manager turnover (a new one every year)
-only 5 sick days/year

Keep up the good work!

Other Reviews for Earth Resources Technology, Inc.

Great People, promisign company

I have been working at Earth Resources Technology, Inc.

Pros

The people are wonderful, schedule is somewhat flexible

Cons

finding work can be difficult at times

Average review primarily based on personal experience not being located in DC area

Current Employee - Navigation Manager
    Current Employee - Navigation Manager

I have been working at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Because I work in the field in government relations I do not deal with the petty, political oriented frenzy often found in the D.C. area. My real results with core constituents along the Gulf makes both ERT and NOAA look good. Independence is good for my position. Glad to see the company finally move to direct deposit reimbursements instead of mailing checks out. ERT recently offered Roth 401k option via Fidelity; company match is likely average.

Cons

Having never met anyone from ERT I do not have much loyalty for the company. As with other NOAA contracting companies I assume ERT's primary concern is obtaining future government contracts. Little support for non-D.C. workers in terms of temporary assignments, primarily due to budget issues. Contracts likely geared for a few years after which the employee is likely expected to move up or out elsewhere.

I technically work for ERT (pay, health benefits, 401k, etc) but deal primarily with NOAA personnel; therefore I have 2 separate tracks of superiors. Although I understand the very real differences between contractors and actual government employees I feel NOAA/ERT cannot have it both ways; expecting employees to perform very similar duties as that of actual government employees yet not treating them the same as their government counterparts.

Provide more information about employee-specific contracts in terms of expected future compensation levels (raises outside of cost of living increases).

There are newer employer reviews for Earth Resources Technology, Inc..

Worked for Earth Resources Technology, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!