EarthLink

www.earthlink.net
  www.earthlink.net
There are newer employer reviews for EarthLink

Great place to make a career.

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Network Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at EarthLink full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

EarthLink has a very flexible PTO pollicy and they encourage a work life balance. I've been with the company for more than a decade and you won't find a better place to work in the telecom and IT industry if you are a competent employee.

Cons

Due to the number of mergers and acquisitions it can be tough getting used to the different systems and processes. However, as long as you are able to adapt to changing envoiornments, most things are easy enough to learn and the company understands the ramp up time needed.

266 Other Employee Reviews for EarthLink (View Most Recent)

Evolving Company with Exciting Path Ahead

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at EarthLink full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

EarthLink is a 20-year technology prioneer with a solid new management leadership team and strategy. Personally, I enjoy that each day my work is varied, challenging, and impactful to the company. The company is large enough to offer solid benefits and support, yet not too large where you wonder whether what you do each day actually matters to our customers and colleagues!

Cons

There is a very real sense among many employees that experience, tenure and career pathing are not valued here. I'd encourage our HR leaders to put a lot of energy into righting that ship. Sales and employee training is also in need of attention.

Listen more to the advice from top-performing, tenured employees who might not necessarily be people managers.

Excellent company with great Values. Heading in the right direction.

Current Employee - Senior Director in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at EarthLink full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company is very passionate about Customer Experience. Encourages employee growth of skill sets and learning. Cares deeply about Brand perception and will move heaven and earth to solve issues that lead to bad customer experience. Very creative and open environment. Every employee has access to email the CEO directly with concerns. Always looking for ways to be better and smarter in the competitive space yet works hard to balance that operational plan with fiscal responsibility.

Cons

Challenges include many recent re-organization's that can lead to undefined roles and responsibilities. That said the company makes great efforts to pinpoint and target those area's that need refinement. Promotions within can be sparse until the company fully operationalizes it's new direction but there ARE opportunities for those who want to make an impact.

Continue on this new path and keep the entire company focused on these central new goals and direction. Keep the communication coming and cascade the new direction and focus throughout the company as quickly as possible.

There are newer employer reviews for EarthLink