East West Bancorp

www.eastwestbank.com

Don't work here

Commercial Banking Officer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsNothing I can think of.

ConsI will start by saying that I have work for many different banks and hands down it doesn't matter if you work on the retail side or if you work on the commercial side it is terrible here.

First off the pay sucks. Unless you're in upper management right next to Dominic, your pay is going to be terrible.
The culture here is bad, way too many chinese people here and they all have very traditional chinese views on work, inter personal interactions and just about everything else you can think of.
The HR department here in Nor Cal is a complete joke because it consist of only 1 person. Yep, 1 person for their whole HR team. And you think she doesn't play favorites you are wrong.
Also, the management here is really bad, they always micro manage and never tell you the truth. Fear and deceit is all that you get.

So you wonder why people work here? They hire very easily, if you use EWB as your stepping stone then that's fine but stay here too long you might develop a tumor of some sort.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on your HR dept.there is all kinds of harassment happening within this company and no one cares. People are being treated badly and under paid.

I took a substantial pay cut just so I didn't have to work here anymore.

Commercial Banking Officer (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at East West Bancorp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: My previous company (United Commercial Bank) was acquire by East West, which had been our largest competitor. In retrospect, I may not have been… Cons: It's been quite a few years and I still feel a strong dislike for this company. I feel that the culture is a bit… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good friendly staff

Customer Service Representative Floater (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA

I have been working at East West Bancorp full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good friendly staff, utilize chinese speaking skills, not much stress Cons: very little opportunities to move up, tedious and repetitive work Advice to Senior Management: praise employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on East West Bancorp.

Worked for East West Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!