Great Job!

I have been working at Easter Seals

Pros

Great Job! Nice people to work with!

Cons

Recording notes. Sometime late nights.

Other Reviews for Easter Seals

Okay work if you want to be in social service and can't afford college.

Former Employee - Direct Support Associate
    Former Employee - Direct Support Associate

I worked at Easter Seals full-time for less than a year

Pros

All you need is a GED to be eligible for the job. Paid training, paid holidays, mileage reimbursement, on-time payments. There were opportunities for advancement and often people were promoted from within (though the higher-level jobs usually required more than a GED).

Cons

The training was two weeks full time, but then almost nothing I learned in the training applied to the work. I never did receive my CPR certificate from the initial training. It didn't feel like a real job. I picked the client up at his house and drove around 30 hours a week with the client doing things like going to the gym, the library, malls, fast-food restaurants - wherever he wanted to go. I tried to interact with him and use some of the training, but all he wanted to do was play on his iphone. I went to the office for monthly meetings and that was about it for contact with the rest of the staff. The supervisor would respond to text messages but let emails go unanswered.

Very disappointed in corporate culture-cronyism,favoritism and unfair discipline practices

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

I worked at Easter Seals full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits,decent health insurance,paid holidays and 401K matching.

Cons

Very dishonest corporate culture. Had employees putting in false data of number of clients served and jobs obtained. President clueless as to what vice-presidents were doing. Hiding problems and covering up major blunders.Store managers mistreating employees and disabled people. Work loads unevenly assigned. Much hostility among workers.

Vice-presidents need to fire themselves and store managers and get competent ones.

There are newer employer reviews for Easter Seals.

Worked for Easter Seals? Contribute to the Community!