Easter Seals

www.easterseals.com

Okay work if you want to be in social service and can't afford college.

Former Employee - Direct Support Associate
Former Employee - Direct Support Associate

Pros

All you need is a GED to be eligible for the job. Paid training, paid holidays, mileage reimbursement, on-time payments. There were opportunities for advancement and often people were promoted from within (though the higher-level jobs usually required more than a GED).

Cons

The training was two weeks full time, but then almost nothing I learned in the training applied to the work. I never did receive my CPR certificate from the initial training. It didn't feel like a real job. I picked the client up at his house and drove around 30 hours a week with the client doing things like going to the gym, the library, malls, fast-food restaurants - wherever he wanted to go. I tried to interact with him and use some of the training, but all he wanted to do was play on his iphone. I went to the office for monthly meetings and that was about it for contact with the rest of the staff. The supervisor would respond to text messages but let emails go unanswered.

Other reviews for Easter Seals

I enjoyed working for ESNG and learned so much while I was their.

Former Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Atlanta, GA

Pros

They have a great program.

Cons

Work hours conflict with school hours.

Keep up the good work.

Excellent flex-time opportunities and work/life balance.

Former Employee - RSP Peer Support  in  Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - RSP Peer Support in Southfield, MI

Pros

Excellent flex-time and variable part and full time opportunities; opportunities to work with a laptop at variable locations; excellent work/life balance opportunities.

Cons

Many positions have very heavy workloads; in many cases the pay is not comparable to other volunteer or similiar corporate positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Easter Seals.

Worked for Easter Seals? Contribute to the Community!